It's Pooh! It's Pooh!
So Henry's love of characters continues, but it has particularly rooted itself in Winnie-the-Pooh. I bet we watch at least one Pooh-centered thing a day, and I can pretty much quote you both of the Pooh movies we own. Matt and I go to bed and wake up singing Winnie-the-Pooh songs, and all you have to do is hum a few bars of one and Henry immediately gets excited and says, "Pooh!" In all actuality, I like Pooh, and I am glad that if Henry is going to be fixated on something, at least it is Pooh and not a more annoying cartoon/character. He loves it though.In other news, he had his 18 month check-up at the doctor. Only two shots this time, which is good, but it was so sad because as I was holding Henry down and the nurse was giving him the shots he started crying out, "All done, all done!" I felt so bad for him. Luckily, he was ok after it was all over. He weighs 26lbs and is 33 1/4" long. This puts him in about the 80th percentile for both. After hanging out with Henry for a few minutes the doctor commented on his large vocabulary and said that he seemed to be more on level for a 2-year-old with his talking than an 18-month-old. We know he is talkative! He's really started to put 2 words together now too, and he's very good at telling you exactly what he wants. There is no doubt that we have a toddler now. Overall his demeanor is still sweet and happy. You know when he's tired or hungry, but he's pretty agreeable most of the other times. He does like to be social though. There is no preschool this month, so he is home with a babysitter each day. While he loves them and has a lot of fun, I can definitely tell that he gets tired of being in the house and not seeing other people. As I think I've mentioned before, I try to set up lots of playdates when his schedule is like that, but this week we've been mostly at home and I can definitely tell he's going stir-crazy.
Things with babe #2 are going well. I'm 20 weeks (halfway there!) which is hard to believe. I have my next appointment on Monday, so I'll be glad to go to that and know that everything is well. I am feeling him move from time to time, still nothing consistent yet, but besides being tired, I really have no complaints. I can feel the aches and pains of the added weight when I sleep, but it hasn't been anything unbearable yet. I am having tons of crazy dreams though. Maybe I am so tired because I am not sleeping soundly at night? Oh well, I know that is only going to get worse, so I am glad for what I get now!
Oh, and call us crazy, but Matt and I got a wild hair and decided to take a mini-vacation to Disney World! We leave in a couple of weeks and will be gone Thursday - Sunday. Henry's coming and we are really excited for him to see all the sights and sounds. We know it will be a relatively low-key trip and we are tempering our expectations, but I think we've planned things well and it is really fun to have something like that to look forward to. Both Matt and I love Disney and we figure if we don't go now, we definitely won't be able to go with two little ones for a while, so why not? I'll let you know how it goes. We are counting down the days.
I can't believe summer is almost over. It rained so much at the beginning of the season that it honestly just now feels like summer has started. I will be glad for Henry to be back at preschool though and to have a normal schedule with that again. Also, each passing month means we are one month closer to meeting babe #2! That is exciting and overwhelming all at the same time.





Post a Comment