I See You!

We have a video monitor for Henry, and I absolutely love it.  Not only can I hear him (like a traditional monitor), but I can also see him.  This brings much comfort to me and saves me from a lot of trips into his room just to check on him.  I also love watching and listening to him play in his crib in the mornings when he wakes up.  He's very good at rolling and pushing up on his hands now.  He has this fish aquarium soother thing (that's the official name, I promise) on the side of his crib as well.  It lights up and plays music and shows fish moving across it like...well...like an aquarium.  Henry loves this and has figured out how to turn it on himself by kicking the button with his foot.  So some mornings I look in and his aquarium is on and he laying there mesmerized by it. 

I tried to capture a few of these images by taking a picture of his monitor.  They're not the clearest, but here's what I usually see around 6:45am each morning.  (Remember, I always put him down on his back...and at the complete other end of his crib...)

Getting in my morning push-ups.  (Also, please note that he has found his paci and put it in his mouth.)

Playing with the toy that is hanging from the side of his crib.  You can see the aquarium soother there on the left.
Henry has started sleeping on his side now that he is better at rolling over.  I always suspected he'd be a side sleeper because that is how he likes to be held when falling asleep.  Sure enough he is.  Isn't it the sweetest thing?
Both Matt & I sleep on our sides.  Guess he gets it honestly!
And because who wants a post with just black-and-white infrared camera photos?
Why are you upside-down, dad?


First time riding like a big boy in the shopping cart at the grocery store.  It wore him out,  but he did really well. 

Post a Comment