Back to School!

Well, we survived the summer (with a lot of help from my wonderful mother-in-law and two very sweet babysitters) and preschool is now officially back in session.  Henry was excited this morning...

Back to School!
He's such a happy guy in the mornings.  I am really looking forward to him getting into a routine again and us finding a new rhythm.  I am extremely thankful for all the help I had this summer, but like most of us, Henry definitely does best with consistency.  I could tell a big difference the weeks that he was with the same person all week versus the weeks when he hopped around.  He is very adaptable and does well in most situations, but routine definitely works best.  Plus, it is nice having him just down the hall again!  He's so much bigger and more mobile than he was when he was last in preschool in May.  Even though he's in the same class and has the same teachers, I think it will still be a completely new experience for him.  I know he loves commotion and action, so it is going to be good.

Oh, and see his little shoes?  I realized that now that he can play more and stand in the exersaucers, it might be a good idea to start putting shoes on him when he comes to school.  I also realized that I had several really cute pairs that had been gifted to us that he had never worn and is in danger of soon outgrowing.  Therefore, we will be trying to wear all of our new shoes these next few weeks!  Aren't they precious?  So far, they don't seem to bother him at all.  He hardly seems to notice they are there.

Happy back-to-school day little man!

P.S. When I picked Henry up from his class today his teachers told me that he got right back into his routine like he had never left.  He even took two small naps for them!  He sure won't do that for me, but I am glad he had such a smooth day!

Post a Comment