Labor Day

As far as southern standards go, Labor Day officially marks the end of summer.  This summer really has flown by.  It has been one of the rainiest summers I can ever remember, but we've certainly had our share of hot days and plenty of humidity.  This year, we headed to my parents' house at the beach for the holiday.  My sister, brother-in-law, and the twins were there as well.  We hadn't seen them in forever, and it was so fun to have everyone together and see Maddie and Audrey play with Henry.  They love their little cousin and he was fascinated by them. 

Cousins!

With Audrey!

Hanging with Maddie!

Too much sweetness in this picture!

Henry looks so big next to the girls. He is about half of their weight already.  I think he'll catch up with them in just a few years. 

With three little ones in the house things were a bit crazy, but we still had a great time.  Vacations have certainly changed a lot since last year, especially with such a young babe who can't spend a lot of time in the heat.  I spent a lot more time inside and a lot less time on the beach than usual, but it was all worth it and I try to cherish every single moment like that.  Just seeing how quickly the twins have grown and how independent and intelligent and beautiful they are makes me realize how very quickly this time will pass with Henry. 
With Aunt Steph

I love Granddad!

We did manage to take Henry down to the beach for a while on Sunday.  He absolutely loved it!  He played in the water - all he wanted to do was jump (that is all he ever wants to do!), and he loved just watching the waves roll in around his feet.  He'd pick up huge handfuls of sand, but there were plenty of eagle eyes around him to ensure it didn't make it to his mouth.  Overall, I'd say he's definitely on his way to being a beach baby.  I know a lot can change in a year, but I sure hope next year he loves it as much as he did this year. 
Grammie with all the grandkids!

Family self-portrait

Loving the water!

This is so cool, dad!

Enjoying the waves.

Sunday evening we celebrated Dad's 60th birthday.  Maddie and Audrey love birthdays and had helped Sis bake a cake for dad. Mom went all out and bought a "Happy Birthday" banner and little birthday horns.  It was all very sweet.  And delicious. 

I am continually thankful for all of the amazing family with which both Matt and I have been blessed.  I am also so thankful that Henry will get to grow up surrounded by so many wonderful people who love him dearly and are incredible examples of love, grace and strength. 

Happy Labor Day and here's to fall.  I think I'm actually looking forward to it this year - mostly because it means the start of the holiday season and I absolutely cannot wait to celebrate Christmas with Henry!

Post a Comment