45 Minutes

Henry apparently has an internal clock that is more precise than any clock in Greenwich. Really, it is amazing. And apparently, his clock runs for only 45 minutes...

...He is napping in his crib these days - a nice improvement, no doubt.  I lay him down, he plays or maybe cries for a few minutes, but then he falls asleep (YAY!).  However, EXACTLY 45 minutes later, that little babe wakes up.  Without fail.  45 minutes!  I mean, he'd sleep for 2-3 hours when I would hold him, but now that he's in his crib and I actually can use that time to accomplish things...45 minutes. 

As I've said before, Henry is a spectacular night sleeper.  He goes to bed around 8pm and is generally content until around 7am.  So I am not really complaining about his sleep habits.  It has just gotten to the point of being comical.  It is almost always 45 minutes on the dot.  Once he wakes up I try to let him cry for a few minutes to see if he'll fall back asleep.  Twice, he has, but most days...nothing doing. 

And I know that he needs a longer nap, because he's always exhausted by the evening, but he just won't do it.  I guess I need to be thankful for the earlier bedtime and accept it, but it is funny.  I literally lay him down, look at the clock, add 45 minutes, and think to myself, "he's so tired, surely he'll sleep longer today."  Ha.  Fool me once, right? 

He is so precious when he is sleeping though.  I put him to bed with a paci and usually there is another one in his crib somewhere.  He'll have one paci in his mouth, and do all he can to get that other paci.  Many days, I peak in at him and he's sucking on a paci and holding the other one in his hand...sound asleep.  I guess it is always good to have the back-up close at hand in case of an emergency.  :) 

Despite his 45 minute timer, he is still a delight.  He still loves jumping in his exersaucer, and smiles and laughs all the time, and loves music.  We continue to work on solid foods.  I feel like we're in a bit of a rut there...lots of apples and bananas and other fruits are consumed, but it is time to start diversifying a little bit more.  That's a whole different post though!

I'll leave you with this, precious pumpkin!
 



Post a Comment