Pooh, George and Elmo Elmo!

Henry is definitely in full-on toddlerhood now.  He comes out with new words every day and lately he has really started getting into characters.  He loves Winnie-the-Pooh, Curious George and Elmo - especially Elmo.  There must be something imprinted in all toddlers' DNA that makes them like Elmo.  He's never even watched Sesame Street!  I think he first discovered Elmo at preschool because they have one of the dancing Elmo dolls.  Then he realized that he had several Elmo books at home.  THEN I downloaded an Elmo story app on my IPad.  The love affair was sealed.  The funny part is that whenever Henry sees Elmo he says, "Elmo Elmo!"  He is always very excited and he always says it twice.  We were in Harris Teeter the other day and Henry spotted a balloon with Elmo on it - "Elmo Elmo!" It is precious.  I'm not even sure how he saw the balloon as it was tied a bit obscurely to the checkout counter, but he did. 

Curious George is another new favorite.  He just calls him George and it is so cute when he says it.  He has a book where you have to find George on each page, and we definitely read it multiple times a day.  The same goes for Pooh.  We have a whole set of Pooh books that we read over and over.  Also, Pooh is on his nightime diapers - Henry loves pointing him out when he's getting ready for bed.  It really is so sweet. 

Henry's very into books in general.  We read a lot.  I love it.  However, he is definitely in the phase where he loves to read the same book over and over.  His favorite (besides Elmo, Pooh and Geroge) is a version of One Fish, Two Fish, that I was given at one of my baby showers.  It is an abbreviated version of the classic Dr. Seuss tale, and Henry loves it.  He will ask me to read it four or five times in a row.  I think he really likes the rhythm of it.  I am pretty sure I could recite it from memory now.  But how can you deny a toddler asking you to read?  You cannot.

Otherwise, Henry is up to all the normal activities you'd expect from a 16-month-old.  He is into EVERYTHING.  His current love is to tear apart the kitchen.  Pots, pans, tupperware...it is all fair game.  Sometimes I make him stop...sometimes I let him do it.  It does keep him busy when I'm trying to get something done in the kitchen...you just have to watch your step.  I've tripped over so many bowls in the last few weeks I can't even begin to tell you.
Busy bee.
I'll leave you with just a few pictures - because seriously, Henry is the cutest kid ever ;)

Click on this picture to make it bigger.  I love his face here.  He was "helping" Matt water the garden and was having the best time. 

Enjoyng the beach over Memorial Day weekend.

It was beautiful.

Post a Comment