It was time. This picture does it no justice, but Henry's curls were getting out of control.
.JPG) |
| I wish I had a better picture than this. |
Yes, he has curls. Aside from being blonde, he definitely has my hair. Fine and curly. I feel for him. And, we've had an unusually rainy spring this year, so his curls were coming out in full force. However, just like mine, they are neither uniformed or particularly cute. (I mean everything about Henry is cute, but...) He actually was starting to get a little bit of a mullet. It was time to do something.
So, on Monday, May 6, Matt met me at the Haymount Barber Shop, and Henry got his first haircut from the same barber who cuts his dad's hair, his grandfather's hair, and who cut his great-grandfather's hair. That makes Henry the fourth generation of Richardson men to have his hair cut by Mr. Barefoot.
.JPG) |
| 1st Haircut |
He did great! Honestly, I think he was a little unsure of what was happening, so he just sat there with his paci. He did get a little wiggly at the end, especially when Mr. Barefoot used the buzzer on his neck, but all-in-all he really did awesome. No tears or worries whatsoever. I am very thankful for that. A haircut is one of those things that can go one of two ways...lucky for us it went the quiet and calm way this time. Here's hoping we have the same luck next time.
He looks like such a little boy now. I know I am extremely biased, but I think it made him even more cute. And don't worry, the curls are not gone completely. He still has a nice cow-lick right at the top of his head that just won't lay down, no matter what I do. Sorry bud, you get it honestly!
Post a Comment