Back to School

This summer definitely flew by.  We had a ton of rain at the beginning and it didn't really feel like summer.  By the time it warmed up and things got back to normal, Labor Day was here.  Preschool takes a break over the summer, so Henry spent a lot of time with babysitters at home.  I have three wonderful girls (and a great mother-in-law) who kept him, and he did fine.  It took a little getting used to, but then he was in a new routine and all was well.  It is quite a bit more expensive to pay a babysitter, as opposed to preschool, but you do what you have to do, right?  I am thankful I only have to do it for a couple of months each year.

Preschool started back this week.  I am love that Henry gets to come to work with me again now.  He's moved up to a new class this year, so he has definitely spent this week adjusting to things, but I know he'll get into the new routine soon enough.  He has cried every morning when I leave him, but soon after he is happily playing, so I know he is ok.  He is also re-adjusting to all the action.  Over the course of the summer we pretty much dropped his morning nap (because I knew they didn't take a nap at preschool this year), but by 12pm he still gets pretty tired.  At home with a babysitter he could rest and watch Pooh or read books, but he doesn't get that sort of quiet time in preschool.  Sure, they have books and all, but with the other kids around I know he doesn't relax.  This entire week he has been almost too tired to eat his lunch and he falls asleep as soon as I get him in the car to go home.  I think he'll adjust to this too, but it will take a little time. 

He has also managed to catch his first "back-to-school" cold of the season.  I am just hoping it doesn't turn into an ear infection (like it seems to always do), but I've actually already made an appointment with his pediatrician next week to check his ears just in case.  Call me crazy, but I know how these things go for him now, and I just want to be proactive this time around. 

We had a great Labor Day weekend at the beach with family.  The weather was beautiful and we managed to get in some beach time.  Henry didn't try to eat as much sand this time, which was a nice improvement, and he loved running around and chasing his cousin, Myles, on the beach.

Why yes, we did bring a little bathtub down to the beach.  He loved it. 

Looking for fish with Grammie.

Hanging out on the stairs with Grandad.
I can't believe that summer is over.  This pregnancy is moving along and things are going well.  I can't complain.  Sometimes it feels like we still have a long time to go, and other times I feel like I need to get busy so that I can get things done before he gets here!  We're really only about 3 months out!  Hard to believe, but we are excited. 

Post a Comment