32 Weeks

I suppose it is a good time to do a post completely related to this pregnancy and babe #2, given that I am now 32 weeks and he will be here (hopefully) in about 2 months!  I haven't posted many (any?) pictures of the babe's growth this time around, so here's one I took last weekend on a little birthday getaway that Matt and I took.

He is growing!

I have felt really good for the most part.  I have the usual aches and pains and sleeping comes and goes, but for the most part I can't complain.  Luckily, I haven't had as much sciatic nerve pain this time, but occasionally he does roll over onto some nerve and all of a sudden my hip is on fire and I can barely walk on it.  Thankfully, it doesn't last...just gets you in the moment.  I am feeling him wiggle around.  I don't know if he is crowded or if it is just the way he is laying, but his movements feel much more "rolling" than what I remember from Henry.  There generally aren't sharp kicks, but more like he's moonwalking across my stomach.  He also must be curled up on the right side, because pretty much all of the movement is concentrated around there. I do get a good kick (elbow?  knee?) to the rib every now and then from him too. 

I am getting to the point where I am ready to not be pregnant any more, but I know he needs a little more time to "cook" and I definitely don't want him to come before he's ready.  It is crazy to think that he could be here in as little as 6 weeks though (if he comes early, like Henry did).  We're making progress on the nursery and I am trying to start Christmas shopping.  I know that once he gets here there won't be much time for all of that, so I am trying to be as prepared as possible.  Honestly, the part that I am most nervous about this time around is how Henry will adjust.  We have done the newborn thing before and I know it is hard, but at least I know what to expect.  Henry really has no idea what is coming, despite our best efforts to prepare him.  His little world is going to be rocked.  I know everyone adjusts and that it will be fine, but I am definitely nervous.  He is very attached to me and loves his quality time with his mama (as I do with him!).  I know it is going to be hard figuring out that new balance of my time, but I am very thankful that I have Matt (and all of our family) there to help.  And the good thing is, eventually Henry will never remember life without a brother, so it really is just something we have to get through in the short term. 

I'm so excited to meet this little guy and can't wait to find out who he is.  I have no idea why, but I am expecting him to be completely different from Henry, I just don't know what that will mean.  We shall see!

Post a Comment