I'm only a few weeks late posting this. I was going to just mention Halloween in another post, but then I realized that I had too many cute photos not to give it its own post!
We started off our Halloween celebrations this year with a trip to the local pumpkin patch. We went to a small farm on the outskirts of town and it was perfect for Henry. Unfortunately it was 80+ degrees that day, but Henry had fun running around the pumpkins and trying to pick them all up. They even had a little corn maze there that was geared toward preschoolers and elementary school-age children. He was too little to answer the questions in the maze (they helped you navigate it), but he loved running through the corn.
.JPG) |
| Pumpkins! |
.JPG) |
| Going through the corn maze with dad. |
This year, Henry was an astronaut for Halloween. I knew that he needed a costume that wouldn't really feel like a costume on - he is not going to wear anything with a hood or lots of accessories, etc - so the astronaut suit was the perfect fit. We went to a small Halloween carnival and he was so cute running around in it.
On Halloween, we just stayed at home and gave out candy. Henry is still so little that I didn't think he'd care much about trick or treating, plus he didn't take much of a nap that day, so his mood was a bit up and down. We didn't even put his costume back on...just let him wear his pumpkin shirt. He had a great time handing out the candy though. He thought it was so fun to say "trick or treat" and put candy in the other kids' bags. We don't get a ton of trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood, but we had enough. It was a good night.
.jpeg) |
| One of my favorite pictures from the night. |
.jpeg) |
| He loved his Pooh pumpkin! |
.jpeg) |
| He also loved the Jack 'O Lantern that Matt carved. He kept looking at the candle and saying, "Happy Birthday!" |
Post a Comment