Well, we've arrived at week 19 (and one day!). Hard to believe we're almost halfway there! It doesn't seem like it's going fast, but it is not crawling anymore either. I've felt much more like myself these past couple of weeks, so it is nice for things to feel relatively back to normal. The babe is growing and each day I can tell more and more that he is in there. I can feel him swimming around a lot now. Still no definite hard kicks, but definitely lots of swishing and little knocks. Today, I felt him swimming around all morning while I was sitting at my desk. At night when I'm sitting on the couch he usually starts his evening laps. I love it. I am still excited to feel a big kick - and for Matt to be able to feel it - but it is fun to feel him moving around in there in any way.
I spend a lot of time looking at nursery stuff on the computer now. Matt says I am definitely "nesting." I'm not sure it's full on nesting, just more of fun planning :) Either way, there are so many cute options out there. I haven't decided on anything for sure yet, but am leaning towards something blue and green with white furniture. We'll see what we actually end up with.
Here's an updated picture of the bump. It is definitely showing itself now...
 |
| Hello, sweet babe! |
In other news, poor Fisher had to have surgery today. I wouldn't call it "emergency" surgery, but it was unplanned. I came home for lunch today and noticed that she was licking her back paw. When I looked at it, I could tell there was definitely something in it, but couldn't tell what it was. Luckily, Matt was on his way home and once he got here, we determined that it wasn't something that we could easily pull out like a splinter or a spur. It was bleeding, so we decided to take her to the vet. Long story short, they had to do surgery on her to remove it. The vet wasn't 100% sure what it was, but it was something like a cyst or growth in the pad of her paw. He wasn't worried that it was cancer, so that is a good thing. Because of the anethesia, she was a bit disoriented when we brought her home. She also has to wear one of those huge cones on her head for the next ten days. He back paw is wrapped and we have to make sure she doesn't mess with it. We can already tell that she's feeling better, but the cone is definitely going to drive her crazy. She keeps knocking into things, which is sort of pitiful and funny at the same time. Poor thing.
 |
| Just after she got home - check out her huge cone. |
I am certain that crate training really is a good thing for a dog because as soon as she got home she climbed right in her crate. It is definitely her "safe place." The funniest/most pitiful thing though is that she has trouble making it through the door of her crate with her cone, so we have to help her. Poor, poor thing. The real fun will start when she feels 100% better but still has to wear it. We'll worry about that when we get there. I'm guessing we'll be there by tomorrow night :) At least we got it taken care of - I'm just glad she's on the mend!
Anyways, just keep swimming, little babe. And maybe add a little boxing in there too if you feel like it!
Post a Comment