Ohhhh, We're Halfway There! - HJR

Hard to believe it, but we've reached the halfway point - 20 weeks!  It is crazy to think that 5 months have gone by.  For the most part I still feel like we've got a ways to go, but when I think of it in terms of just a few more months, I start getting a little jumpy.  We definitely have a lot to accomplish in the next 4.5 months, but I know we'll get it all done, and I don't think we're behind in planning for anything.  I'm feeling pretty good now (aside from the onset of my fall allergies), so as I think I mentioned before, I feel normal and the day-to-day seems pretty average.  I am thankful for that.  The bump is definitely growing.  And I feel him moving around a lot now when I am sitting still.  The knocks are still relatively light, but the other night, Matt was finally able to feel one from the outside for the first time.  That was really cool. I think it took him by surprise - I'm not sure he believed me that I could really feel the babe kicking around in there.  Now he definitely does!  Clothing is getting a bit more tricky these days.  I can still wear my pants with the belly band, but it's starting to get a little uncomfortable.  I am still a bit too small for maternity clothes though.  And the weather has been wacky, so I'm trying to find some good in-between outfits that are comfortable and cute.  I think a shopping trip is in order soon!
No hiding him now!

This past Sunday was Matt's 28th birthday.  Mom and Dad and Aunt Diane came down and we went out to lunch with the Richardsons and Caroline & Brendon.  It was a really fun afternoon.  I got to share some of my nursery ideas with everyone.  I have been collecting so many pictures and thoughts from various websites.  It gets a little overwhelming.  I am really leaning toward this bedding:
I love the colors and I think the animals are sweet and boy-ish, but not too cutesy.  I haven't decided 100% yet and may completely change my mind, but that is the front runner at the moment. We would paint the walls a light blue or green and do a lot of other fun stuff with the colors in the bedding.  Who knows?  I'm still doing a lot of research.  Anyways, Matt's birthday was a fun day with family and we really had a good time celebrating him - he is very worth of much celebration!  :)

Oh, and there is another really fun thing that we have decided on (well, we're 99.9% sure - I guess we feel like we have to leave that .1% open, just in case, but I am certain we won't change our mind)...we've picked a name!    It is the one name we had talked about before we knew whether we were having a boy or a girl and after we found out we decided to throw it around and think on it for a few weeks before we make any final decisions.  Well the name has stuck and now we are already referring to him by it so I am pretty sure it is the right one.  What is the name, you ask?  ......

......

......

......

Henry Joseph Richardson!

We liked Henry because it is a traditional name, but not terribly common.  Also, it is the middle name of one of Matt's grandfathers.  Joseph is after my dad (and technically his dad, and his dad (since he's a 3rd), but mostly just my dad). :)  Also, when we looked up the meaning of the names online, Henry means "ruler of the house," which made us laugh and seemed relatively appropriate, and Joseph means "God will add" or "Jehovah increases," which we love as well.  It is a strong name with a lot of emotional meaning for us and we know it'll fit the babe well.  It is so fun to call him Henry when we're talking about him now.  It definitely makes it seem even more real.  Assuming things stay on track, in just 20 more weeks little Henry will be here, in our arms!  That blows my mind a little bit. 

So here's to the halfway mark - to Henry Joseph - and to lots of excitement ahead! 

Post a Comment