Merry Christmas!

It is hard to believe that Christmas is this week!  It has been 60 degrees here for most of December this year and doesn't quite feel like Christmas outside.  Regardless, the holiday is almost here.  Crazy.  This past weekend I was determined to get all of my Christmas shopping done on Saturday.  I was not going to quit until I had everything I needed.  I shopped from 11:30am to almost 5:30pm and let me tell you, I was EXHAUSTED, but I did get it all done.  By Saturday evening I was feeling like maybe I had overdone it just a little bit.  Needless to say, I went to bed early.  It is nice to not have to worry about shopping at all this week though.  Our office is closed Friday, so I am really glad for the short week.  We'll head to my sister's on Saturday for Christmas Eve and be with the Richardsons on Christmas Day, so it should be a great weekend.  We are lucky that we get to see both of our families. 

Oh, here's our Christmas card from this year, now that most everyone should have received their's in the mail...

And the back...

We had to do something to commemorate the coming of the babe (and make sure Fisher got some attention).  I got the idea for the front online...and Photoshop allows you to work a lot of magic with pictures!

Tuesday, I was officially 33 weeks!  I went to the doctor Monday and things are still looking great.  It was one of those appointments where you spend more time waiting on the doctor than you do actually seeing her, but I guess that is a good thing because it means nothing is wrong.  The babe's heartbeat is 144, which is great, and he was still squirming away from the doppler each time they'd find his heartbeat, like he seems to always do.  I have noticed my hands starting to swell just a little bit this week while I am sitting at my desk, but I've found if I increase the amount of water I'm drinking that usually helps.  My blood pressure was still really good, so they said there's nothing to worry about.  It's just part of being 33 weeks pregnant.  The babe should be over 4 pounds now and about the size of a pineapple.  He is still moving around a lot, and I can definitely tell I am getting bigger by the day!  I have had two people at work tell me that I am definitely "looking pregnant" now. Haha.  I'm trying hard to take it all in good stride and stay focused on end goal...a healthy, strong babe, but it is hard sometimes.  And I am thankful that I am just now (at 33 weeks), getting to the point where I feel so pregnant.  It happens much earlier for some.  I really can't complain, so I will try hard not to. 

I've gotten some more work done in the nursery.  I've hung the mobile and put some pictures on the walls (pictures to come a little later).  Also, we did get the bookcase from Matt's house.  It needs a fresh coat of paint, but it really does look great in the room.  Things are starting to come together.  We received an early Christmas present in the mail yesterday - our stroller!  I love it and can't wait to see the babe riding around in it.  It has an infant carseat adapter that we'll use when the babe first gets here, but this picture is just of the stroller.  Matt snapped it as we were taking it out of the box.  His Facebook caption was something along the lines of, "Nesting - a green stroller in the green room."  :)
It's light and easy to maneuver and fold, and it got a lot of great reviews, both online and from friends, so here's hoping that it works as well in reality!

Alright, here's the 33 week picture.  And no, I don't actually wear the same outfit every night, I've just started putting it on for the pictures because I think it makes the growth all the more evident.  Also, did I mention I ate a basketball for breakfast?  :)
P.S. I usually take these pictures on Monday or Tuesday, but I didn't get around to taking this one until Friday...so technically, I am about 33.5 weeks in it!

We are getting so excited to meet this little guy.  Approximately 7 weeks to go!

Post a Comment