You are getting verrrry sleeeeeppppy...
It was a bit crazy today when I opened my weekly email about the babe's development and saw the "weeks to go" number in the single digits. "9 weeks to go." Wowzers. Technically, tomorrow is two months exactly from my official due date of February 7. Now, I know the liklihood of him coming on that day is slim, but still...pretty crazy stuff. According to the email, the babe is now over 16 inches long and weighs over 3lbs. I went to the doctor yesterday and everything looked good. His heartbeat is great - even though he kept squirming away from the doppler each time she'd find it! But we got to hear it loud and clear, and it is exactly in the normal range, so that is exactly what we want. I am still measuring small from the outside, but honestly, I think that is just the way it is going to be. The doctor wasn't worried because the ultrasound was so good a few weeks ago, but she did say that I'd probably get another ultrasound in a few weeks just to be sure again. I honestly have no worries about it. I feel him squirming all the time, his heart rate is great, and in that last ultrasound he was actually measuring a little bigger than normal. I think I'm just going to measure small. Chalk it up to my size and all the ballet and pilates in my past.This weekend was my first baby shower. It was at my sister's house and could not have been more perfect! I don't have many pictures yet because I was too busy enjoying everything to take them with my own camera, but I am hoping to get some from my sister and aunt and will post them when I do. It was such a fun afternoon though. Just like with my wedding, my absolute favorite part of these things is having so many people I love, from so many different parts of my life, all together at one time. It is just so fun and amazing. And the babe got LOTS of stuff. It is pretty incredible to think about how loved he already is. He is one blessed little boy. Another really neat thing that they did was instead of everyone bringing a card, my sister asked that they bring a children's book instead. How fun is it that Henry now has his very own beginnings of a sweet library with some very special books, all inscribed with messages from people who love him?! It is awesome. I cannot wait to read all of the books to him. It is also amazing to walk by the nursery now and see things in his room besides some empty furniture. It makes it all the more real that there really is a little person on the way to meet us in just a few short months!
This coming weekend is my shower here in town. I know it is going to be awesome and overwhelming all over again. I cannot wait. I just cannot say enough how blessed we truly are. One thing I have been feeling these past few weeks is an overwhelming feeling of gratitude and thankfulness for God's faithfulness and all that He has given us. There are so many things that have fallen into place in this last month and so many people who love us and the little babe so dearly that it is hard for me to even fathom it when I really think about it. I am getting so excited to meet this little babe and have him here with us. He has no idea what he is in for, and I can't wait until we get to show him!
On a random/funny note...check out these pictures:
| Sorry it's blurry...I had to take it with my phone. |
| Great get-up, right? |
Anyways, as for the title of this post...the fatigue has definitely returned. It is different from the first trimester exhaustion in a way that is hard to explain, but is definitely there. By 10pm every night I am falling asleep on the couch, and if I don't go to bed by 11pm (so that I get about 8 hours of sleep), I am DEAD the next day. The day of my shower we got up early to drive to my sister's house and by the time we returned that evening, I seriously felt like I had run a marathon. I was asleep on the couch by 8:30pm. It is kind of ridiculous. But I know I should enjoy my sleep now while I can get it, so I am. Otherwise, I really feel great. I have noticed that I am starting to get "winded" a little more easily, but it is nothing severe. And the babe's movements are still comforting and not painful. He definitely wiggles a lot, but I love it. Aside from the copious trips to the loo, I haven't had any trouble sleeping yet either. So again, no complaints. Let's just hope the next two months are as smooth.
Here's to 31 weeks!
| 31 weeks! 9 more to go (approximately...)! |





Post a Comment