After 2 Weeks With You...

Still playing catch-up.  That might be the common theme here for a while, but as long as things are documented, that is all that matters right?  Henry is actually a month old now.  It is so hard to believe.  We are slowly getting into the groove of things.  In fact, last night, he slept the entire night in his Pack n' Play and I got to sleep in our bed!  He woke up to eat, but he slept for 4 hour stretches, so I'll take it.  I hope we can repeat that again tonight, but I've learned not to hold my breath.  He's still a little guy.  But he is such a sweet baby.  He's more and more alert and it is fun to see him play in his crib or playmat or pack n' play.  He'll usually entertain himself pretty well for 30-45 minutes (this is usually when I try to shower!) and then he gets restless. It's fun to watch him though.  Each day I can tell that he is discovering more and more about the world.

Anyways, here's what I wrote after two weeks...some of it might be a repeat of the last post, but in the interest of authenticity, remember that I was particularly sleep deprived when I wrote this, and these were my thoughts, so I'm going to go ahead and repeat!

After two weeks...
We are pretty sure you're in a growth spurt. We have no idea where you put it,  but the amount you are demanding to eat at night is absolutely amazing. You will sometimes nurse for two hours! And I think you would keep eating if I let you, but after two hours, mama needs a break! If only for a short while. You usually are begging to eat again in an hour!

Hi, Baby!
Seriously, I have no idea where you put it all. Right now you tend to do this during your most awake time... From 10pm-3am.  After that, you generally get back on a more regular eat every 3-hr schedule. They say you're hitting a growth spurt right now, so I am hoping that is what we can attribute this too. Whew. I am not sure I can keep up with this long term!

But we'll do whatever we can for you...for now and for always. So if you need to eat for four hours straight because you're growing and developing so quickly right now? Well, we're happy to do our best to oblige.
You still have the sweetest personality and are minimally fussy. If we could eliminate the desperate hunger, I am not sure you'd cry much at all. We give so much thanks to God every night for you. Not just because you're so sweet, but because you are so perfectly and wonderfully made and we are still on awe of you.

Becoming a parent has already been an amazing adventure and I know it is only get more incredible, but we are just so thankful that you are ours.

Hanging out with Dad.


Post a Comment