5 Whole Years

On Saturday, June 2, Matt and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary!  Each year, we have managed to get away at least for one night to celebrate and this year was no different.  (Although in so many ways it was different!)  Last year, we headed to a beautiful house in the mountains.  We had just found out that I was pregnant and no one else knew yet.  It was a great weekend and we were definitely still processing our news.  This year, we have our sweet babe here with us, and I knew that I was not ready to leave him for an entire weekend.  Matt had the great idea to go to the beach.  We stayed with my parents Friday night and then Saturday afternoon (around 3:30pm), we headed to a hotel down the beach for the night, leaving Henry with his grandparents.  He was fine, of course, and had so much fun.  It was hard for me, but good.  The leaving part is definitely the hardest.  Once we were gone, we had a great time.  We walked around the hotel and down on the beach, then got ready and had a delicious dinner out.  Sunday morning we woke up and had breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then we were back at my parents by 11am.  I was missing our little guy!  But it was really nice to have some time with just me and Matt and to be able to focus on us and celebrate the past 5 years.  I have very thankful for the husband and all that he does for us and all that he is.  Really, he's pretty spectacular. 



Hanging out on the beach.

All dressed up for dinner.


Post a Comment