Summer Lovin'

Summer is officially here, and we are loving it.  There are so many great things about this time of year: warmer weather, longer days, more time outside, the pool, cookouts, etc.  We've been trying to enjoy all of those things the past few weeks and look forward to more weeks of them to come!

I love the pool!


I am a very snazzy dresser in the summer!

Well, at least someone was asleep during naptime!

Actually, that last caption isn't completely accurate.  Henry fell asleep not long after I took that photo.  We're working on getting in at least a two-hour nap each afternoon, and we're specifically working on taking that nap in his crib.  He will sleep perfectly if I hold him the hole time, but we're making progress on the napping-in-crib front.  He's made it at least an hour in his crib every day this week.  There is hope yet! 

Otherwise, our little guy is just still growing like crazy.  You can just see him learning things.  It is amazing.  As you can see in the picture above, we've started sitting him in his exersaucer some.  He's not quite heavy enough to make his legs touch, but with the help of a pillow, he does pretty well. He's also doing better sitting in his bumbo, although he loves to lean forward in it, and he still loves playing on his back - with his feet straight up in the air, of course!  He's not rolling over consistently yet, but he is so close.  I know one day he'll just get the hang of it and then there will be no going back. 

Henry does talk to us all the time now!  Lots of "aaa" sounds and "gggg's."  He also is pretty good at blowing raspberries with his mouth and making all sorts of shouting noises when he wants.  Some mornings he wakes up early and just lays there talking to himself in his crib.  It is hilarious, but so loud!  He hasn't quite learned the meaning of "inside voice" yet. 

We had another playdate with his friend Dean last weekend.  Look at these sweet boys together:
Henry and Dean
Henry looks so big next to Dean, but I know it won't be long before Dean catches up to him! 

Henry's favorite thing is still kicking his legs.  If he continues he's going to be the best soccer player around!  (Or maybe he'll be a kicker on the football team like his dad.)  Even as I write this, he is in his swing, kicking his legs like crazy and talking.  It's really pretty funny...and so sweet.  We love you so much, little babe!


Post a Comment