Henry gives us a great reason to do all things "Christmas-y" this season that we wouldn't normally do, so last Saturday we headed downtown to catch a little of our city's Christmas parade. We were only there about 45 minutes, but the weather was nice and there was a good crowd. It was exactly what you'd expect from a city parade - lots of marching bands, some beauty queens riding in pretty cars, random floats sponsored by local businesses, and dance groups sashaying to "Jingle Bell Rock." Overall, we enjoyed it well enough. Our biggest complaint was that the trains that run through downtown kept stopping the parade! In the short time we were there we had to wait for 3 trains to go by. This made the procession very slow. A lot of the older kids around us actually got bored in between the floats/acts because they were so spaced out. Luckily, Henry was just as enthralled by all of the people around as he was by the parade itself, so he was fine.
 |
| Henry started off in his stroller... |
 |
| ...but quickly ended up here. |
 |
| ...and here! |
 |
| Yay parade floats! |
Like I said, we only stayed for a little while. It was lunchtime when we left so we headed to Haymount Grill. This was the first time I've ever ordered off of the children's menu for Henry and it seems silly to do so since he's only 10 months old, but you know that boy of ours ate his entire grilled cheese and apple sauce without a moment's hesitation! Not to mention all of the puffs that were also consumed.
 |
| I am a big boy now, mom. I need big boy food! |
It feels so grown up to order off of the kids menu for him. He loved it. He's still eating like crazy, but we've made no progress with the sippy cup. He will drink whole milk out of his bottle though. I don't think he loves it, but basically, if it is in his bottle, he'll drink it. I give him 4 ounces of whole milk after his breakfast instead of formula. Technically, he's now down to only 3 bottles of formula a day now. We've got to get to the hang of the sippy cup though. I keep giving it to him in the hopes that one day it clicks. He's going to figure it out eventually, right?
This weekend we're going to Breakfast with Santa. I am excited, but am preparing for the worst. I know Henry's going to be terrified of Santa, and breakfast falls right during his normal morning nap. Could be the perfect storm, actually. We have to try though. It's his first Christmas. Maybe he'll surprise us? Say a little prayer. Lol.
Post a Comment