My Favorite Things

Henry is all over the place these days.  He literally does not want to sit still ever - unless he's eating.  Changing his diaper has become an acrobatic feat.  I've put diapers on him while he's on his tummy, when he's trying to crawl away from me, and even while he's standing.  It's a big production and often includes lots of screaming on his part. 

We spend a lot of time playing in his room.  I put the baby gate at his door (or else he just wants to crawl out of the room toward the stairs) and let him have his freedom - while I'm sitting close by, of course.  He crawls all around and pulls up on the baby gate and taunts Fisher who is trapped on the other side.  She just responds by looking at him and trying to lick his fingers.  His favorite thing to do is tip over his laundry basket and play with all of his dirty clothes.  He pulls them all out, crawls into the basket, crawls out, waves his socks around and just generally entertains himself.  Cracks me up. 
This is fun.

Hmm..what's in here?
His other favorite thing?  Bath time.  This boy still loves his baths.  However, regarding the "never sits still" statement from above - bathtimes can get a little crazy these days.  He is still sitting in his little tub to take a bath.  We tried to big tub once, but the little mover just wanted to crawl and pull up and generally do lots of things that are very dangerous in a bathtub, so back to the confines of the infant tub he went.  He still moves a lot, but he can't get into as much trouble this way.
Trying to capture the splashing action.

He moves so fast, he's a blur.
I know these pictures are pretty terrible, but I am trying to not soak my camera, keep one eye on him in case he gets too excited and loses his balance, and take a picture, all at the same time.  I always look like I've also taken a bath by the time he is finished.  He splashes so hard that I have to refill the water in his little tub.  He loves it though.  If he keeps this up, we'll have a lot of fun at the pool this summer. 

In other news, he's got two more teeth coming in up top.   This will give him a total of 6 teeth.  They are taking their time though.  I can tell it is messing with his eating again...his appetite is still big, but he's more picky.  This happened when his other teeth were coming in too.  I almost wish all of his teeth would just come in at once so he could get it over with.  Poor little guy.  In the grand scheme of things it really isn't much to worry about though. 

Christmas is 4 days away.  I am so excited to celebrate with him this year.  I know he won't really understand, but it will still be fun.  He's so entertaining and he'll love the new toys and commotion.  It's also hard to believe that in just 5 days, our little guy will be 11 months.  Holy moly...I have a 1st birthday party to start planning!!

Post a Comment