Eating Machine
Our little guy has been eating us out of house and home this week. I think his new-found mobility has him burning calories at a phenomenal rate. He seriously can't seem to get enough to eat. This week, he's typically eating:Breakfast - blueberry waffle dipped in whole-milk, clementine, handful of Cherrios and a 5oz bottle
Mid-morning snack - Cheerios/Puffs
Mid-morning snack 2 - 6oz bottle
Lunch - diced chicken, clementine ('tis the season, and he LOVES them), pasta
Dinner - tortilla with guacamole or some meat, mixed veggies, usually some other fruit, 5 or 6oz bottle
Bedtime - 6oz bottle
And he does not eat tiny portions - he eats a whole waffle, a whole clementine, a whole tortilla, etc. Seriously, I have no idea where he puts it all. Our little 20lb guy can eat! Actually, he's always been an eater, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, but still. He has me working overtime to figure out what to feed him. As I mentioned, he doesn't want to be fed anymore - he wants to do it all himself - so this is cutting down on some of our options, like applesauce. Applesauce was one of our staples before. Now I am constantly on the lookout for more finger-friendly ideas. His other loves include banana muffins, black beans, strawberries and other fruit, veggie burgers and turkey.
| Trying to get a picture in front of the tree, but Fisher kept photo-bombing us! |
With all of this eating, we've actually dropped another bottle this week, which is good, since the goal is to mostly be off of them by his first birthday, however, Henry still refuses his sippy cup, so we're working on that. I just keep reminding myself how much he changes from week-to-week. Who knows, next week I could be writing that he loves his sippy cup and will only drink from it! (Not holding my breath though.)
Speaking of weekly changes...I mentioned last week that you probably wouldn't see Henry crawling from room to room if you stopped by our house. Well, now you probably will! Our little guy is definitely on the move. He still crawls a few steps and then sits down (almost like he's taking a break), and then crawls again, but if he has his eye on something or a specific goal in mind, he can get someplace fast. He definitely keeps us on our toes these days!
| Crawling all over the place. |





Post a Comment