Almost a year...
Exactly one year ago today, I wrote this post. Crazy, isn't it? We had reached that point in our pregnancy where he could come at any time, yet might not come for another couple of weeks. At the time that I wrote that, I had made no progress from a labor standpoint and there were no indications that just 48 hours later he would be here. I love Henry's birth story. I love that is was so perfect and relatively calm and fast, and that he came two weeks "early" even though he came almost exactly on what I thought his original due date was. I know that many people don't have that experience. I hope that all our children will arrive like that, but I know that there are no guarantees and that the next time it will likely be completely different. I do enjoy remembering though.As we go into this weekend with his big 1st birthday celebration Saturday, it is fun to take these next couple of days and think about this time last year and how I was feeling and how very different life was. I have two friends who are at this same exact point in their pregnancies now. Each day we anxiously await news, knowing that it could come at any time, but might not come just yet. It is such a time of anticipation - standing on a precipice of such big change, wanting it just to happen already, but trusting God's sovereignty and perfect plan and knowing the timing will be perfect, whenever it is. We are so blessed. I can't wait to celebrate Henry's one-year on Saturday with all of our family and friends. Pray it doesn't snow (there's a small chance), so that everyone can get here. Regardless, we continue to be so thankful for our little guy and the true treasure that he is.
| It's "spirit week" at preschool this week. Tuesday was hat day. |





Post a Comment