This year, Henry's birthday fell on a Saturday, so we were able to have his party on his actual birthday. It couldn't have been a better day. We had a circus-themed bash and family and friends came to celebrate. Seriously, we all felt so loved and everyone made Henry feel so special. It really was one of my favorite days ever. There was a small ice storm that moved across the state on Friday, but we didn't get much. My sister and aunt and uncle had to deal with it, as did my other aunt and uncle, but luckily everyone made it safely and we were able to celebrate in style.
We had a circus theme and Henry enjoyed playing with his friends and cousins and eating pizza. It meant so, so much to have everyone there. I really can't say that enough. He is one blessed little guy and so are we. His cousin even sang him a special happy birthday song - we have it on video - it was precious! He wasn't very into eating his cupcake in the moment...he sat there happily while everyone sang to him (and only tried to grab the flame on his candle once!), but when it came time to dig into the cupcake, he had a little meltdown. I honestly don't think he knew what to do with such a big piece of food. Later that night at dinner, I gave him another cupcake and this time I cut it up...he loved it! You have to cake on your birthday!
Anyways, I simply cannot express how wonderful the day was. I have a few pictures and am hoping to get more. I was so busy it was hard to fully capture everything, but it was the perfect way to celebrate our little guy and we couldn't have asked for more!
.JPG) |
| I tried to take a picture at 8:40am - the time he was born. I was a few minutes late, but close enough! |
.JPG) |
| The circus came to town! |
 |
Balloons? Someone got me balloons?
(Seriously, this was one of his favorite things from his party.) |
 |
| Playing with my friends. |
 |
| All decked out and eating pizza and fruit. |
 |
| The food table - and two very cute cousins. |
 |
| The birthday cupcake. |
 |
| Getting into the cupcake later on that evening. |
 |
| Post-celebration, post-bath, play time with my new toys. |
Happy, happy birthday, Henry! It was the sweetest one yet and I know they'll only get better from here!!
Post a Comment