In Happier News...

...our little guy is a pure delight these days!  His newest thing is dancing and clapping his hands.  A lot of his toys make music and he'll crawl over to one, press the button to make it sing, then sit up, look at me and start "dancing."  His dancing involves swinging his arms back and forth and turning at his hips while grinning.  Then he'll "clap" his hands, which basically means he puts them together and takes them apart, very gently.  It is adorable.  I love it.  He is also always on the move.  He does not sit still.  He's definitely cruising now...he'll make his way all along the coffee table and all around his crib.  He's still refusing the sippy cup, but we're down to 2-3 bottles a day (one of which is whole milk), so improvements are happening.  Lucky for him, I am relentless in the sippy cup pursuit and we'll find one that works one of these days!  He did take a few sips of water out of a regular cup and he'll chew on the straw of one of his sippy cups, so at least that's something, right?  I'm reaching here, I know.  It's the optimist in me, I can't help it.

Anyways, I just couldn't leave that hive post as the last thing up here.  I needed something a little more cheerful.  We're two weeks away from his first birthday - which is nuts.  I am hoping he stays well and can really enjoy the day.  I've decided to go with a circus theme.  Hopefully, the vision in my head will translate into real life.  I can't wait to celebrate him and this crazy year.  He really is the best!

Post a Comment