Maniac
That song, "Maniac," runs through my head every time Henry gets behind one of his walking toys these days. The week of his birthday he started pushing the toys around, but he was very wobbly and couldn't maneuver very well. He'd go in a straight line, run into something and then pitch a fit because he couldn't figure out how to turn around. Well here we are almost a month later and he is now a pro. I call him my Nascar driver. Because of the layout of our house, he can do a full lap around our downstairs and he does this nonstop. I actually have to actually take the toy away and put it out of sight so that he'll rest. He walks so much that he gets out of breath! Or he just gets tired and starts tripping and falling, but he still won't stop. I've been working on getting him to take "water breaks." It's hilarious really. We'll do a bunch of laps and then I'll say, "Ok, time for a water break!" He'll get his sippy cup, take a few sips (yes, we're sipping from the sippy cup pretty well now, yay!), then make an "ahhh" noise (so cute), and get back to his walking. I think he loves the independence.It won't be long before he's actually walking on his own, but I'm in no real rush. He's starting standing by himself for a few seconds here and there, but once he realizes that he's not holding onto anything, he gets nervous and sits down. He hasn't tried to take any real steps yet, but he's a pro at cruising along the coffee table and couch, and I can see him getting braver each day.
I'm took a video of him walking with his toy the other day. Admittedly, it is a video that is only going to be interesting to family, but I love it so much, especially when he looks back at me and smiles and keeps right on going.
Moving Fast from Kimberly R on Vimeo.
This week he has started to love when you chase him. He giggles so hard. It is my favorite sound in the whole world. Again, I tried to capture it on video, but remember, I am chasing him and trying to film it at the same time. I don't think I'll be nominated for any Oscars any time soon.
Giggles from Kimberly R on Vimeo.





Post a Comment