Chatterbox

Our boy likes to talk...constantly.  Of course, he's not saying a whole lot of words just yet, but he sure can babble.  The best is in the mornings when he wakes up and is entertaining himself in his crib.  He rolls around and plays with his paci's and just talks to himself.  It is so sweet to wake up hearing those sounds on his monitor.  Matt and I look at each other all the time and say, "I wish I knew what he was saying!"  He also talks himself to sleep for most of his naps and sometimes at bedtimes.  His talking is not limited only to his crib though.  It really is an all day long thing. 

I think sometimes he is actually singing too.  His favorite book right now is an Elmo book that plays "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" when you press a button.  He'll be playing in his room,  notice the book, go over and press the button, then look at me, grin, and start "singing."  It is the sweetest thing.  I wish I could catch it on video, but any time I pull out my phone to try, he gets distracted by the phone and wants to come over and play with it.  Trust me though...it is sweet.

I can only imagine what we're in for when he starts to talk with words!  Both Matt and I were pretty chatty as kids, so we might be getting our due! 

Also, Henry got to see his first snow last weekend.  Nothing actually stuck to the ground, but he did enjoy seeing the pretty flakes fall from the sky!
The obligatory "first snow" pic.  Look at all the snow!  (haha)

Post a Comment