14 Months

Sorry for the little blogging hiatus.  Things got busy.  And after a year of blogging at least once a week every week, I needed a little break. I do want to keep this up though, so I hope to get back into the habit and be more consistent.

Henry is 14 months!  He is trying to walk...wait, let me rephrase that...he CAN walk when he wants to, but he doesn't try a lot.  He still prefers crawling (much faster) and cruising (much more balanced).  I am starting to think that I am going to have to hide all of his push toys for a little while.  He will take 4 - 5 steps here and there, but just isn't consistent with it yet.  Walking is not his default, I guess you could say.  I am trying not to get impatient, but sometimes it is hard when every other kid in his preschool class is walking unassisted and he's not.  I know I shouldn't compare...and I also know that he's one of the younger ones in his class, but sometimes your mind goes there.  At least he IS walking...meaning he CAN do it.  Now it is just a matter of him wanting to!

In other news Henry's language use has exploded.  Some of his favorite words are:
more
all done!
goal! (his dad taught him that one)
bye-bye
go

He says quite a few other words too and will mimic you with parrot-like accuracy sometimes.  I love hearing him communicate and use his words.  He still chatters non-stop and sings when there's music playing.  He also dances, which mostly consists of him bouncing up and down while standing or bopping his head back and forth if he is sitting.

He's starting to understand the word "no" now, but he hasn't quite got the hang of it.  For example, he knows that he is not supposed to play with Fisher's bowls, so he'll crawl over to them, say "no, no no" and then proceed to stick his hand right in her water dish.  Or, he'll crawl up to the tv (another place he's not supposed to be) and say "no, no, no" but then still proceed to pull up.  It's pretty funny, but I hope he learns the prohibitive nature of "no" soon. 

We've had a major growth spurt in the last month and all of a sudden all of the clothes he's been wearing all winter are too small. His jeans stop at his ankles and his shirts are tight around his little tummy.  Luckily, we have some hand-me-downs from our cousin Myles that we are wearing.  I am trying to get us through these last few cold weeks before we can move on to spring and summer clothes in larger sizes.  I know he can wear 18 month shirts.  I'm not sure where he'll be with shorts.  He's tall, but still relatively "skinny" (even though he's not skinny at all!), so maybe 12 month, maybe 18 month.  We've got some time before it is shorts weather! 

He's still so much fun, has a giggle that is still my favorite sound in the world, and he brings us so much joy.  I just can never say enough how thankful we are for him!

I'll leave you with a few pictures...because let's be honest, that's what we all want to see, right?
Cheering on the Tar Heels in the NCAA Tournament.  Too bad we didn't make it very far this year.

Easter is coming!  Mom, why did you put these on my head?!

I didn't actually end up keeping this outfit, but it was cute and I managed to snap a picture in it before I returned it to the store.

Post a Comment