Walkie Talkie

I really cannot say enough how talkative Henry is. His preschool teachers even comment on it. Each day,  he comes out with new words.  Lately, he's added, "outside," "cracker," and "cat" to his list.  Every day when we get home from work/preschool and pull into the garage, he starts saying, "More!  Outside.  More!" while making the sign-language motion for "more." (He learned that at preschool.)  It is so cute.  He's telling me he wants to play outside (something that he LOVES).  Also, he really understands a lot of what you're saying now and is starting to be able to respond.  When we're in the bathtub and he stands up (something he's not supposed to do), I can say, "Henry, if you don't sit on your bottom, we're going to have to get out of the tub.  Do you want to get out?"  He looks at me for a minute, processing things, and then says, "no," and usually sits down.  Doesn't mean he's not standing back up a few minutes later, but hey, we're getting there. 

This morning I went to get him from his crib and he was standing up pointing to his arm.  For a minute I was worried that he had somehow hurt himself, but then I realized that he was pointing to his arm and saying, "a dog!"  His PJs had little dogs all over them and he was letting me know. 

He's extremely mobile now and a great walker.  He's not running, per se, but he can get where he wants to go very quickly.  People always tell you that the world changes once they start walking.  Honestly, I would say it isn't the mobility that has been a big change (he was an excellent crawler and I think we went through that adjustment then), but it is the fact that he can reach so much more.  Before, I could easily put something on the counter or kitchen table and he wouldn't be able to get it.  Now, our 90% in height little boy can pretty much get to whatever he wants on a counter or table.  You definitely have to pay attention.  Did I mention he's fast? 

Oh, but he is cute!

Post a Comment