I cannot believe that our littlest guy is 6 months old! That means he's been around for half a year. How crazy. Time really does fly. James had his check-up yesterday and is doing great. He weighs 19lbs, 5oz (84%) and is 27 3/4" long (91%). He really hit a growth spurt with his length this time, and he continues to be a big boy. He's healthy though and that is what matters.
He continues to have really dry skin though. He's had eczema pretty much since he was born and poor little guy itches at his legs and arms constantly if you let him. The preschool teachers think I am crazy because I put socks over his hands a lot, but if you don't he'll just dig at his legs and make them bleed. I don't want him to get an infection or anything. Between his helmet and his socks he looks pretty special sometimes. Good thing he won't remember it!
 |
| He's going to kill me for making him wear socks on his hands one day. |
James is still a sweet, mostly happy little guy. He LOVES to laugh. Henry used to make you work so hard to get a giggle or a smile. James gives it up easily and I love it so much. He really has the best giggle. He also loves to watch Henry. Sometimes he just starts laughing at his brother for no obvious reason. It is pretty great.
 |
| He thinks his brother is great! |
James has been sleeping in his crib at night for a few weeks now. He still doesn't fall asleep until around 8:30pm, but after that last feeding, he is usually out and he will sleep pretty well. Occasionally he wakes up around 5am and can't find his paci, but most days he's making it until I wake him up. I think he is going to be our late sleeper. Right now I actually wake him at 6:30am so that I can feed him before the crazyness of the morning begins and we have to get out the door to work/school. On the weekends though I will let him sleep and usually end up waking him around 7:30am or so. One thing that does weird me out a little is that once he falls asleep he does not move. At all. That will scare a mama in the middle of the night! I have definitely gone in to check on him a few times just to make sure he is still breathing. He turns on his right side in that awkard position I wrote about a while back and stays like that all night long. It is sweet. But funny. And a little scary when every time you look at the monitor he looks the exact same.
 |
| He's still figuring out the bouncer. |
I also started him on some real food this weekend. He's had oatmeal and applesauce and seems to like them both. This boy likes to eat (just like his brother), so I don't think he's going to have any trouble figuring out food. I am more nervous for him to have allergies though. He just seems more prone to them, but hopefully he won't have any trouble. Time will tell.
 |
| A fun Saturday morning walk. |
He can roll both ways now, but doesn't do it consistently and he's trying to sit up, but just isn't quite stable yet. He's doing great with his helmet and we can already tell a difference in the shape of his head. He loves his brother and likes to be social (just like Henry). I think we have two extroverts on our hands! Oh, and his favorite noise to make is this really high-pitched squeal. It pierces your ears when he does it. I think he likes the attention it gets him.
 |
| Helmet progress. |
It's funny because I can see so many similarities between him and Henry, but they are so different as well. It is going to be interesting to see how they grow!
 |
| Selfie with mommy at work. |
 |
| Just doing some light reading. |
We love you little man and can't imagine life without you!
Post a Comment