Lots of Fun

Preschool is officially on summer break, but they have several weeks of camp that meet Monday-Thursday.  Each week has its own theme.   James' class is too small to participate, but Henry's class is really getting into it this year.  So far we have had Hawaii week and Rodeo week.  On Thursdays, the kids all meet in our New Life Center for a special wrap-up.  For Hawaii week they had a luau and for Rodeo week they had a hoedown/line dance party.  Of course, Henry's class mostly just runs around and looks cute, but they dress them up in the theme and it is adorable. 

For example...

Hawaii Week

 
Rodeo Week
Isn't he adorable?  The noodle/hobby horse cracks me up.  They are so creative at his school.  He's having fun too.  Imagine 10+ two-year-olds running around like that and yelling, "yee-haw!"  So cute.

In other news, we're through with our second month in the helmet.  I didn't think the progress was as drastic this time around until I compared the pictures again...

Pretty amazing, right?  I am so glad we are seeing such improvement.  At least we know it has been worth it.  And it really isn't that much trouble.  I will be glad when he gets it off though.  I miss seeing his little head.  He is super cute, no matter what, but it will be nice to see him as he is.

 
We are rolling with the solid foods for James now, and he is starting to get into some really good sleeping routines.  I put him down just after 7pm each night now when Henry goes down and he is mostly sleeping until the morning.  This week he figured out how to consistently roll onto his stomach, but at first, it was making him mad because he couldn't figure out how to roll back over.  He seems to be over that now though and hasn't woken himself up the past few nights.  As for the food...he loves it, of course!  He's had applesauce, oatmeal, pears, bananas, and a little bit of pureed mango.  I am thankful for my good eaters! 
 
 
June is halfway over already,  which is nuts.  We're hoping to get to the beach sometime soon and really get in some fun summer activities.  I am ready for the sun and surf!

Post a Comment