Sweet Baby James
James was baptized Sunday (June 22) and it was such a sweet day. We had a lot of family in town and our church is great and James did great and really, it was perfect. I'll share the pictures when I get them. I am continually thankful for all the blessings in our life.James is 7 months now and so full of energy. I am really going to be in trouble when he is mobile and I am chasing after both him and Henry. He is rolling really well now (although sometimes he gets on his tummy and gets mad because he can't figure out how to roll back over), and he scoots a lot. He loves his playmat on the floor, but I really have to pay attention to what is laying around it because I will look over and he will have managed to grab something totally random that wasn't on the mat. He's not pushing up to crawl yet, but he's definitely mobile in his own way!
He's started eating more solid food and seems to love it all. He also still loves his bottle and is getting better at holding it himself. In the last few weeks he as started what we call his "man cry." He used to have a really high-pitched squeal that he used to get our attention, but not he has started this much deeper scream that sometimes rattles and sounds very manly. Lol. It is hard to describe, but you'd know it if you heard it. He definitely doesn't let you forget about him, but overall he is very happy. We're still working on the nap schedule, but he will go down in the afternoons now around the same time as Henry. He's only sleeping about an hour, but it is something, so I will take it. And as I mentioned, he's doing great at night, so again, no complaints.
He can almost sit up on his own, but he isn't stable yet and tips over easily. He does like the exer-saucer thing and has started to actually jump in it some now. Mostly, he likes to tinker with all of the toys that are on it and spin himself around. Sophie the Giraffe is one of his favorite toys as well. He still only has his bottom two teeth, but I think the top teeth will come in any day now (I've been saying that for a month). He is definitely chewing on everything.
We're still wearing the helmet, but at his appointment last week they said that he was doing great and might only have 4-6 more weeks in it, so here's hoping. It is fine, but I am ready to see his head! I'm trying to be patient though. I know it will be worth it in the long run.
He still thinks his brother is hilarious and will just start laughing at whatever Henry is doing. I hope he always looks up to him like that! Time will tell.
He is mostly happy and always kicking or waving his arms. As long as he is included he is content and we've learned that he wants to be on the same level as everyone else (no sitting him on the floor in his car seat at a restaurant!).
I can tell so many ways that he is like Henry, but there are so many ways he is different. I cannot wait to see them together as they grow and watch their relationship develop. I think we are in for some very busy and very fun years ahead!





Post a Comment