US Open

Pinehurst hosted the US Open this year, and we were lucky enough to be able to go to the men's final round on Sunday, June 15.  I had never been to a professional golf tournament before, but I really enjoy the sport, so I was looking forward to it.  We had a great time.  The weather was hot, but the course was beautiful and the atmosphere was great.  We saw all the big names (except Tiger Woods, because he didn't compete).  I was amazed at how much access you have - I guess because a golf course is so big.  Also, they didn't allow cell phones, so it was kind of peaceful.  No one was looking down at their phone or texting or taking pictures.  It made you engage with the golf and with each other.  It definitely felt strange not to have it, but I enjoyed it.

Anyways, because you couldn't have a phone or camera we didn't really get to take any pictures, but American Express had a photobooth that you could get in for free and they took several pictures of you on a green screen and then added shots of the golf course in the background, so here's our documentation of our fun Father's Day, US Open date.  :)




Post a Comment