Going for a run while sitting in my chair...

So I read something on one of the pregnancy websites from which I get a lot of information these days that made me feel a lot better about something.  The website said that my body is working harder at rest right now than my non-pregnant body worked on a run.  Thank goodness!  There are some nights when I am absolutely exhausted.  And I feel like such an bum because it's not like I've done anything to make me that tired!  I know they say exhaustion, especially in the first trimester, is a normal part of pregnancy, but it was validating to read it put that way.  At least I know I'm not crazy. 

This weekend we headed to Bald Head with the Richardsons.  It was a beautiful weekend to be at the beach.  I was feeling pretty terrible the entire time, but it is better to be sick at the beach than sick at home, right?  And I realized that one member of our family has yet to make her pictorial debut on this blog.  If she could read and knew that I had failed to include her, she'd probably be very upset with me.  So without further adieu, here is sweet Fisher, enjoying her ferry ride to BHI.

This girl loves the beach!
Anyways, things are moving along.  I am 11 weeks now.  With each passing week, I feel myself getting more and more excited.  I am hoping that the queasiness subsides in the next few weeks and that I start to feel more like myself.  It will certainly be good to have some energy back. 

Oh and one quick thing that I want to write here so I don't ever forget...when I called to tell my grandmothers that I am pregnant, they both made a comment along the lines of, "I didn't think you and Matt were ever going to have kids...you're getting kind of old!"  That isn't a verbatim quote, but it is close enough.  How funny is that!  I love it!  They are both extremely excited and it was so fun to tell them.  That just made me laugh and I didn't want to forget it ever. 

Happy 11 weeks little babe.  They say you're the size of a fig now, and that your bones are hardening and you are moving around.  I believe it, judging by how much you were squirming on the ultrasound last week.  I cannot wait until I can actually feel you moving!

Post a Comment