12 weeks!
Woo-hoo, we hit 12 weeks! (Well, ok, almost...we've started our 12th week, technically.) This is definitely one of the milestones that we've been waiting for. After 3 months, your risk of things going wrong declines phenomenally and you are close to starting your second trimester which is when I should regain energy and (hopefully) start to feel better. That last post about feeling a little better has held somewhat true. I do notice a general increase in my energy in that I am not falling asleep at 9pm every night, but if I have a busy day, I still really need a mid-day nap (which is pretty impossible to come by when you work all day). Also, I am not nauseous all day most days now. Just when I wake up until lunch time and then again in the evenings. At least I get the afternoons off from feeling bad.Last night was fun because I finally got in touch with Kristin, Catherine and Carolyn to tell them. It's a pretty amazing thing that I was able to talk to all three of them in the same night, but I guess it just goes to show that when you're intentional about something you can really get it done. It was so fun to tell them. It is definitely getting easier to tell people, the more people I tell. I think I'll probably tell my work either this week or next. Then after that I suppose the cat will basically be out of the bag. So fun! A little nevre-wracking, but still fun! We don't have our next doctor's appointment until August 10, but I do feel better now that things are moving along as they should. My stomach is getting really hard, and I can tell that it is starting to poke out a little. It's not a change most people will notice yet, but I can definitely tell. According to everything I am reading, our babe should be about the size of a lime now. That's a pretty big change from the appleseed where we started! Grow, baby, grow! That's all I have to say!
Also, this is a momentous post, because up until now this blog has been completely private. Even though I've been writing for two months, I have not published anything because I wanted to wait until we had told most everyone. So after today, it will be public. Welcome everyone. Please know that I started this basically so that I could remember everything that I was feeling and thinking throughout this process, and I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts, even if they get a bit (parenthetical) and rambling at times!
Grow, baby, grow!





Post a Comment