First Class
So after experiencing our first childbirth class Tuesday night I can say (a bit anti-climatically) that it wasn't really that bad. In fact, we are glad we signed up now. I am well aware that some of the stranger moments are still likely to come, but it's nice to have one class under your belt. The lady who is teaching the class is relatively normal, all things considered, and there are only 6 couples in the class, so it is big enough to not feel singled out, but not so large that you get lost in the crowd. We just went over the basics last night - the stages of labor, how to know when you're in labor - those sorts of things. I felt like I learned a lot and I wasn't scared off :) Not that there's any turning back now!The only really awkward/comical part was when, after explaining the benefits of kegel exercises for both men and women, she had the entire class close their eyes and do 3 rounds of kegels together. Matt's quote of the night to me was, "Well, I've never done kegel exercises with a group of people before." Oh my. Me either.
But like I said, we both left feeling really glad that we were taking the class. And now we only have 3 classes left - the last of which includes a tour of the hospital, which I am anxious to see since I've never set foot in the hospital here before (not complaining about that!). Good stuff.
Things are continuing to move along. I am still feeling good, although I get really tired by the evenings now. It isn't quite as bad as the first trimester, but usually I come home from work feeling like I could take a long nap, and by 10pm, I am falling asleep. It's not like I'm doing much at work all day except sitting at my desk and working on my computer! But I know that I am also growing a babe, and just have to remind myself that that is the reason I feel so tired. Otherwise, things are good. This is actually our last weekend without plans for a while, so I know time is really going to start to fly. I think we've decided on a crib so now I just need to find a dresser to match and order it all. I really don't know how it is already November. I'm not even sure October happened!
Here's our 26 week picture. I can definitely tell he's changing almost daily. I know that some of it has to do with what position he is in, but I could have sworn that my belly grew over the course of the day today! Just one more week in the second trimester. Crazy!
| 26 weeks! Yipee! |





Post a Comment