36 weeks!

Well, we've made it another week!  I am now officially 36 weeks and at the end of this week the babe will be considered full-term.  Basically, he could come any time now, but for my sanity's sake, I am trying to focus on him coming in February.  That way, if he comes before that, I'll be really happy, but if not, I won't be disappointed. 

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and all was well.  His heartbeat was loud and clear at 150 bpm and the doctor confirmed that he is head down.  Otherwise, there were no changes or indications that he would be making his debut any time soon.  So we wait. 

Next Tuesday, we get to have another ultrasound.  I always look forward to those.  He is quite the wiggle worm these days.  I know space is tight for him.  It really does look like I have an alien in my stomach sometimes.  The whole thing moves in waves and motions.  It's pretty incredible. 

I am still trying to get over my sinus thing, but I'm about 85% now I'd say, so that is a definite improvement.  The hip and back pain remain, but I am getting better at managing it and sleep comes and goes, depending on the night.  I am definitely tired of being tired.  I know it will only get worse once the babe comes, but at least then I will be tired for a definite reason.  Now, I feel like I don't do anything except go to work all day and come home, and I am exhausted.  At least when I am not sleeping because I am up with the babe I will know the reason behind my sleepiness.  Who knew that growing a human would be such hard work?! 

I'm thinking this weekend I'll go ahead and mostly pack my hospital bag, just in case. I am also thinking that maybe we should install the car seat bases...again, just in case.  I am trying to space these tasks out so that I have something to do as we're waiting.  So far, January has been moving at a pretty good pace.  I don't want to jinx myself though.  I am thankful that this is another long weekend.  It is always nice to have an extra day off from work. 

Anyways, here's the 36 weeks photo.  It's been rainy all day here, so excuse the frizzy hair :)

We're getting close!

Post a Comment