Anticipation
Anticipate: verb 1) to realize beforehand; foretaste or foresee. 2) to expect; look forward to.Oh, baby! We are officially considered full-term now at 37 weeks! Yipee! I know that doesn't mean he's coming any time soon necessarily, but it is still a pretty great milestone to reach. It is such a weird time now, full of anticipation. Like I said before, I am trying to stay focused on the fact that he probably isn't going to come until February, but it is hard! I mean, technically, he could come any time...theoretically, he could be here tomorrow...or it could be another four weeks. How do you plan for that?! You can't. You just have to wait.
I know he will come when he is ready and when the timing is perfectly designed, but I definitely think about it a lot. I think Matt and I both have played out every scenario in our heads - you imagine the situation and how you think it will go, but really, we have no idea. Will I go into labor at night? During the day? On a weekend or in the middle of the week while I am at work? Will we have some warning - with previous dilation and days of inconsistent contractions? Or will it happen all at once in a pretty quick timespan? There is just no way to know. So we wait.
It is such a weird place. It is hard not to think about it all the time, but then again, it could still be almost a month away, so there really is no point in thinking about it all the time. It is definitely a period of limbo. But we are trying to stay busy and enjoy the peace and quiet. I have been feeling so much better...sleeping relatively well at night and the babe must have shifted his position, so the hip pain has been much improved. It is still there, but nothing like it was a week or so ago. I am so thankful for that. I definitely have noticed that my stomach is squashed...I can't eat very big meals anymore. And when I sit I can feel my uterus pressing into my ribs...not pleasant...but bearable. Just one of those weird pregnancy things.
We had our weekly checkup today and got to have another ultrasound. He is measuring perfectly average - in the 47th percentile and everything is right on target. They estimate that he weights 6lbs, 10oz and his feet are still measuring big! That just cracks me up. He is definitely comfy cozy in there. Honestly, it was even more difficult to tell what we were looking at because everything is so smushed. Luckily, the technician knows what she's doing and could see everything clearly. He is still head down, which is great. She kept saying he is "way head down," which is also encouraging, but during my appointment the doctor said that "things were still pretty closed," so even though his head is low, there's still no indication he's coming anytime soon. They did switch over to the 3D ultrasound for a minute to try and give us a shot of his face. Again, things were smushed, but we did get this shot, which is pretty great:
| See his little face? I think he has Matt's lips! |
And here's the 37 weeks shot. He is definitely tight in there!
Oh, and speaking of him looking like Matt in the ultrasound picture...I had a dream the other night and in it the babe looked just like Matt, but with dark hair like mine. Premonition, maybe? Hmmmm...





Post a Comment