4 months old

I think I start almost every post these days with, "it is hard to believe, but..."  Perhaps that will just be my mantra for the rest of all time, as each day I am more and more amazed at how quickly our sweet babe is growing and all that he is accomplishing and learning with every passing minute. 


Well, hello there!
 Henry will be 16 weeks old this week, and he is so full of energy and love.  He's really discovered his hands now.  I can tell that he realizes that they can do things for him.  We're still working on our coordination, but he's resting his hands on his bottle as he eats and when I take his bottle out he immediately uses those hands to try and bring it back to his mouth.  Also, he loves holding on to his pacifier while he's sucking on it.  A lot of times he's half sucking on his paci and half sucking on his fingers.  I can hear him in the backseat of the car making sucking noises and I know that's what going on!  He also grabs on to everything in sight.  I have to be careful when I am holding him because he loves to pull my shirt down, and usually he wraps his other arm around mine and grabs onto whatever he can get a hold of back there, be it my sleeve or my skin!

After I wrote that post on rolling, Henry decided he didn't want to roll anymore for a while and only did it once more.  However, yesterday he rolled 3 times again, and he is getting so squirmy when he lays on his back, that I think it won't be long before he's really rolling all over the place!  I definitely don't leave him unattended on his changing pad anymore.  He can squirm and scoot and almost roll.  Personally, I can't wait for him to be able to sit up by himself, but we're definitely not there yet.  He's doing great with his head though and does pretty well in the Bumbo.  Things still get a little bobbly after a while, but he's really improving. 

Aren't I sweet?

He still remains the sweetest babe and a great sleeper at night.  Mostly, he only cries if he's hungry or sleepy.  The grumpiness definitely catches up to him in the evenings if he doesn't get in a good nap, but otherwise he's a really sweet baby.  I know we can't complain.  Everyone keeps telling me, "just wait until your next one - God gives you an easy one first so you want to have more!"  Great.  Thanks.  But, whatever comes down the road we'll handle, and for now, we'll just be really thankful for our happy, sleepy babe!  I put him down at 10pm (although he usually falls asleep after his 7/8pm feeding), and he goes right to sleep, and doesn't wake up until around 7am.  During the week, we're starting to get into a good routine in the mornings and a lot of times he wakes up while I'm in the shower, but he just lays there and plays in his Pack 'n Play (yes, still sleeping in that by our bed) until I get him out around 7:45am.  I think I could probably put him in his crib at night, but honestly I really love having him right by our bed.  In time...in time...

Yesterday was my first Mother's Day and Henry and Matt truly made it special.  The day certainly holds a whole new meaning for me now, and I feel like I have a completely new understanding of my mom and all the mothers out there. The day started out perfectly when Henry woke up a little earlier than I wanted him to so I put him right beside me in bed and we had some early morning snuggles. Then, "Henry" surprised me with a very sweet card and some chocolates.  We headed to church and then out to lunch afterwards.  After that, Matt watched Henry all afternoon while I ran some errands and did a little shopping.  I love the babe, but it was nice to shop around and run to the grocery store without him! We grilled out last night and just enjoyed our sweet family.  Really, it was perfect.  And to top it off, my "real" present was tickets to see Wicked this week.  I've heard nothing but rave reviews about that show and am so excited to see it.  Matt's mom and dad are going to watch Henry while we go, so it should be a fun evening out.  

Stay tuned for a post on his baptism last week. I'm just waiting to get some pictures, but it was an amazing day.  We had so many family members here to celebrate and everything was perfect.  It was a really special time for our little guy and we are so thankful for everyone who celebrated with us.
Still love to stick out my tongue!

Post a Comment