Big Boy

It seems that just in the past week Henry has really turned into a little baby, rather than just an infant.  He smiles a lot and has even started laughing at you this week.  There is nothing better than hearing that little laugh.  I think I'm addicted to it.  He is still working on rolling over.  Now he's started trying to roll from his back to his stomach.  He is so close to succeeding, but his arm usually gets in his way.  I think he'll do it any day now.  He was playing in his Pack 'n Play the other day and I looked over at him and saw this:
So close to rolling over!
I had to laugh.  He was happily playing though, so I let him be.  I know I've been saying this for a few weeks now, but he's really learning to use his hands.  He grabs toys and loves to try to get everything into his mouth.  He plays a lot and loves to play with you.  This morning he played with Matt for a long time - laughing and talking and moving all over the place.  The days of him leisurely hanging out are quickly disappearing.  He also is very vocal - talking and making all sorts of sounds as he plays.  I love to hear him.  He definitely thinks he communicating with you when he babbles!  He's still a great sleeper at night, and we're still working on the naps during the day.  He will take a great nap in my arms, but I'm really trying hard to get him to nap elsewhere.  I do love cuddling with him though. 

The other funny thing he's doing now is this:

This is the sight I often wake up to in the mornings if he wakes up early - all his covers are gone and he is chattering and kicking his legs up and down.  It is so funny.  He brings his legs up above his head and then drops them down. Brings them up again and drops them down.  He should have the best ab muscles around! 

It is amazing to see him growing and changing so much every day.  However, there are so many aspects of his personality that are the same as they have been since he was born. I still feel like I know him better than any other person in my life.  All of his intricacies and favorite things are so familiar to me.  I know just how to hold him when he's sleepy so that he falls right asleep (in my right arm, on his side with his stomach against mine), and that he pretty much only cries when he's hungry or sleepy.  We love this little boy so much.  I told Matt the other night that he is by far the best thing we've ever done and that being a mom is my favorite adventure so far in life.  I can't say it enough - blessings abound!

Post a Comment