Baby Henry

Well, little one, it seems you've acquired a nickname from all the other little ones in your life.  Your cousins deemed you "Baby Henry," since before you were born, and now all your classmates at preschool have also given you this name. 

Henry is the youngest in his preschool class and each day when I bring him in his teachers say, "look, it's our baby Henry."  His class is almost all girls - in fact I think there's only one other boy and he doesn't come all 5 days a week - and most of the girls now consider Henry their living baby doll.  They are all still young themselves, but can toddle around and a few can speak a some words.  One of the little girls always sits right beside the teacher when she's in the rocking chair with Henry, and rocks her babydoll just like the teacher is rocking Henry.  It is very sweet.  He's a charmer already and it is great to see him loved at preschool  (almost!) as much as he is loved at home. 

He's doing great there though, and we're trying to get into a routine once we get home of taking a long afternoon nap.  He definitely needs it now - I think preschool wears him out - and the days that he hasn't gotten a long nap he is GRUMPY by the evening.  I am trying hard to get him to sleep for at least two hours.  Yesterday, we managed to do that and he was a much happier babe.  Here's hoping we can get into this new routine. 

Henry's now 14 weeks.  He's definitely found his hands and is learning that he can grab things (like his pacifier when it falls out of his mouth), but his hand-eye coordination isn't quite developed yet, so he hasn't figured out how to get his pacifier back into his mouth once it comes out.  He still loves sucking on his fist when his pacifier isn't available and he is very talkative when the mood strikes, cooing and making all sorts of noises to whoever will listen. 

Here he is with a sweet Peter Rabbit that one of the ladies at church gave him. 
This Sunday is Henry's baptism. We have a lot of family coming for this special day and I am very excited.  I hope Henry does well in church. We did a "practice run" at church last week (the first time we've been since his birth) and he slept the whole time.  I hope he does that this week.  We're hosting a cookout at our house afterwards.  Matt keeps telling me that I need to relax, but honestly, I love planning parties anyway, and this is really the first party that we've gotten to throw for Henry!  Of course I am going to make it a big deal!  More details to come next week!

Post a Comment