Henry is officially getting his first tooth! He's been drooling and chewing on things for a while now and everyone kept telling me that he's teething, but honestly, babies do that so much that I wasn't sure whether he really was or not. However, yesterday I realized that there is a little tooth working its way to the surface in the bottom of his mouth. You can feel it just starting to break through his gums. It doesn't seem to be bothering him, so let's hope it stays that way. I'm guessing there are more to come soon?!
 |
| Can't see my tooth, but it's coming! |
Also, we've started trying solid foods...just a little. We started with rice cereal and oatmeal, but he had a few stomach issues with those, so I took a break. I could also tell that he wasn't quite sure what to do with the food yet. He's slowly getting the hang of it and will now open his mouth for me to put the spoon in. Sometimes he keeps the food in, other times he pushes it out with his tongue. With a little persistence though we can make some progress. Because of the issue with the rice cereal and oatmeal, I decided to go ahead and try a vegetable. Sweet potatoes are highly recommended as a first food, so we went with that. He's had them three times now and seems to like them ok. Again, I can tell each time that he's learning that this is food too. Up until this point all of his food has come from a bottle, so there is definitely a learning curve there. I am proud of him though. I know it won't be long before he's eating sweet potatoes and all kinds of things like a champ. I'm not sure what we'll try next. You are supposed to wait a few days after introducing something to make sure they don't have any allergic reactions. I have another sweet potato, so we'll probably stay on that for a few more days anyways. Luckily, the Internet is a great resource and has a wealth of information on pretty much everything. I really don't know how moms did it before Google. (I mean, even the night I went into labor I was laying there in bed googling "what does a contraction feel like?" to make sure I was actually having them!) I also have a lot of great friends with little ones just a few months older. It is so helpful to hear their tips and tricks. I can't believe our little guy is just a few weeks shy of being 6 months old. Sometimes I look at him and he looks like such a little boy...other times I can still see what a sweet baby boy he is. Pray the teething process continues to go smoothly!
 |
| Hi there! |
Post a Comment