Scooter

Henry is narrowing in on his 6 month birthday.  Holy cow.  How is it possible that he has been here for half a year already?!  Each day is a new adventure.  He loves to play and reach for things now.  If he's sitting in his bumbo, you better look out for whatever is around him because he's very likely to knock it over, either with his feet or hands.  And speaking of his feet...he still loves to kick them.  Constantly.  He must have some of the strongest baby legs around!  We still struggle with naps, but he's sleeping great at night, so I don't worry about it too much.  I don't know what it is, but he'll really only nap in the afternoon if I hold him.  I'm not giving up though.

(OK, quick confession:  I am actually typing this right now with him asleep in my arms.  Pretty talented, huh?)

A laptop and a sleeping babe.

The little guy still isn't rolling over consistently, but he is definitely mobile.  He will roll from side to side, but I just can't seem to get him to go all the way over onto his tummy.  I am trying to be more intentional about tummy time, ensuring that he does it every day and he still hates it.  He's strong enough to hold his head up, but he gets so mad.  I know he'd be so happy if he would just figure out that he can roll onto his back and solve all his worries!  Poor little thing.  I am trying not to let it bother me that he's not doing a lot of rolling.  He is very mobile and I am sure he will roll when he's ready.  

One thing he has mastered is scooting.  He started out on his play mat the other day and ended up here...just by scooting on his back...
I think his new nickname should be "Scooter"
Don't worry.  I was watching him the whole time.  He loves getting somewhere where he can put his legs up and push off.  That is why he liked that corner of his crib.  He'd put his feet on the crib and then roll from side to side.  He thought it was hilarious. 

We're making some progress in the solid food eating adventure too.  We stuck with sweet potatoes for another week and he really started to get the hang of things.  This week I gave him bananas and he loved them!  He opened his mouth up wide for the spoon every time and even tried to grab the spoon himself a few times.  We've had bananas two days in a row now.  He definitely gets his love for them from his dad, as even just peeling a banana kind of makes me gag.  I'll do it for my sweet babe though.

We head to the doctor next week for his official 6 month appointment.  He has to get vaccinations again, but hopefully he'll handle them as well as he did last time.  I am pretty interested to hear how much he weighs and how long he is.  Our little guy is growing!  

Post a Comment