Half a Year...What?!
Today is officially Henry's 6 month birthday. What?! How did that happen? Seriously? Weren't we just driving to the hospital at 4am to have our little guy? Wasn't I just on maternity leave, completely sleep deprived and just beginning to get my bearings on being a mother? Were we just acting like crazy fools every night trying to get our little guy to just smile at us once? Wooosh....that is the sound of 6 months flying by. It is so colloquial, but so stinkin' true: time is flying.| Happy 6 months to me! |
Henry is SO MUCH FUN now though. I love watching his little personality develop and seeing him discover new things. His favorite thing to do right now is jump in his exersaucer. He has learned to manipulate all of the toys that are attached to it too. He will easily spend 30 minutes in it, entertaining himself...mostly jumping like a crazy man. It is too cute.
| I am so happy in this thing! |
| But this spoon doesn't have any peaches on it, mom! |
Preschool is on summer break now, so we're having to have babysitters during the week. Luckily, we are very blessed that my mother-in-law is watching him a lot for us. There are two other girls who are filling in the "holes" for me as needed. I do not mind taking him to my mother-in-law's one bit, but I have found that it is hard for me to leave him at home with a girl close to my age, simply because I feel like I should be the one staying with him, not her! It is silly. I don't mind working, and truly this part-time schedule is so ideal. I think it just feels like I am leaving him with a surrogate "me" and that annoys me. He loves the two girls who have been watching him and they are wonderful with him...I don't worry at all...it is just the silly mama in me coming out, I think. I don't get this feeling when I leave him with my mother-in-law or any other family members. I don't know what it is. So weird. But I am very thankful for everyone who watches him for us and is helping get us through these last weeks of summer. I will be glad when Labor Day gets here and he gets to go back to preschool though!
It is amazing how much we have learned in 6 months. I think back to our first doctor's appointment that was just a few days after we brought Henry home. I made Matt go with me, started preparing an hour early, and was completely paranoid that I would forget something or not have something our little guy needed once we got there. Now, I easily throw the diaper bag in the car, strap Henry into his car seat and head out the door. It is amazing how quickly all of this became normal for us. There is no doubt that we were meant to be a little family, and I am so thankful for all the blessings Henry brings us!





Post a Comment