9 months!
Henry officially turned 9 months last week, but he just had his 9-month check-up on Monday, so I wanted to wait until we had his official stats to post. Our little guy is 19lbs and 30 inches long! I can definitely tell he's getting heavier when I'm carrying him around, and we've always known he's long. He measures in the 50th percentile for both weight and head-size, but his length is in the 90th percentile. Crazy little guy! I guess that is why none of his pants fit him properly. He's wearing 9-12 months clothes, but most of the pants are still too big in the waist for him. His 6 month pants look like capri pants on him though. C'est la vie. He still manages to look pretty cute!Everything else looked good. He did have to get two shots - his 3rd Hepatitis B and his flu shot, but luckily, he has handled these much better than his previous shots. They don't seem to bother him at all. I am so very glad for that! Interestingly enough, he has to go back and get a second flu shot in a month. The doctor said that because this is his first time ever getting one, he has to have a "booster" to build up his immunity. Good to know. We also found out he has an ear infection. He was acting a little under the weather this weekend so I am glad to know the reason. He's on antibiotic and he seems to be feeling better already. Matt and I were laughing about how amoxicilan has not changed one bit in the 20+ years since we had to take it ourselves. Funny how that works.
The doctor did suggest that we work with Henry on pulling up. We've been practicing and he's already getting the hang of it. He's still trying his hardest to crawl. He's definitely at the point where he wants to be mobile and gets frustrated when he can't figure out how to do so. For the first time this morning, I looked at the monitor when I woke up and he was sitting up in his crib! I had to laugh and show Matt. He didn't get any further than sitting, but I know it won't be long before we are lowering his crib mattress.





Post a Comment