Aside from when Henry was first born, I have tried (and been mostly successful at it) to post at least once a week. I made a book out of this blog from its start, to Henry's birth, and I want to do the same for his first year through his first birthday. It makes for a pretty amazing keepsake, and it's neat to be able to read my words on the page and not just the computer. Anyways, I missed this past week! It was Thanksgiving and we headed out of town on Wednesday. We returned Friday, but time just got away from me. So here we are...with the official Thanksgiving update.
 |
| Having fun at Nanny's! |
It was such a good holiday. I mean, it is always good, but it was so fun to have Henry here and watch him enjoy his first Thanksgiving Day meal. We headed to Nanny Lee's house after work on Wednesday. Henry did ok in the car...he whimpered the first 45 minutes, slept the second hour and then I sat in the backseat and entertained him the last hour. (We really need to look into a DVD player for him.) But we made it to Nanny's and he was happy to be out of his carseat. It was almost his bedtime when we got there, but we let him stay up a little to work out some of his energy and stretch his legs. It's funny to set-up the Pack 'n Play in the same room where my sister and I always slept at her house. We always slept well in there though and Henry did too. He is such a good sleeper, and almost every night either Matt or I say out loud how thankful we are for that. Mom and Dad made it into town later that night, but Henry was already asleep.
I heard Henry bright and early the next morning, so we got up, ate breakfast and played while everyone else was waking up. This is sorta silly, but one of the most fun things this year was watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. This is the first time in a while that I have been up early enough to watch almost all of it. (I know, that's ridiculous, but hey, I like my sleep!) So we watched that as Henry went back down for his morning nap. Time at Nanny's is always very laid back. We eat dinner on Thanksgiving at 5:30pm, so we had all day to hang out. Henry provided good entertainment.
.JPG) |
| Playing with Dad. |
People started arriving around 5pm and we had a good crowd of 16 or so. I spent almost every Thanksgiving at my grandmother's house like this when I was young, so of course, it always feels "just right" to me. Although, I love the new tradition of spending it at the beach with Matt's family as well. We are just so blessed to have so much love in our lives.
 |
| The whole crew (Henry and I got to sit at the head of the table - mostly because that part was over the tiled floor and not the carpet - makes for easier cleanup!) |
Henry LOVED Thanksgiving dinner. He ate sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing, a little bit of turkey and some jello dessert. He probably would've kept eating if I let him, but I was afraid he would be STUFFED. He really chowed down though. It was precious.
 |
| All I want to do is pull up on everything - and eat Thanskgiving dinner! |
 |
| Standing is more fun than sitting, Grammie. |
 |
| Playtime with Grandad Friday morning. |
We headed home Friday afternoon, and Henry actually did much better this time in the car. He didn't cry at all and he napped a little longer. Maybe the time of day had something to do with it. I don't know.
Overall, it was a really great Thanksgiving, full of love, food and family, just as it should be. We are so thankful for the the blessings in our lives...they are abundant!
P.S. Since Thanksgiving officially kicks off the holiday season, and I LOVE Christmas, I really like to get our tree Thanksgiving weekend if at all possible. We actually had time Friday night after we got home, so we loaded up Henry and headed out to get this beauty...
.JPG) |
| First trip to the Christmas Tree lot! |
.JPG) |
| With our tree! |
.JPG) |
| We agree that this is our best tree yet! Henry is mesmerized. |
Post a Comment