Get Low

Well, it has happened...we've officially lowered the crib mattress. 

Case in point:
Hi Mom!
As I mentioned, we've been working with our little guy on pulling up and he's really starting to get the hang of it.  He wasn't consistently making it to his feet in his crib, but he was doing it enough for us to start to worry about the possibility of him tumbling out, so we decided to quit worrying and just fix the problem.  Hence, the lowered mattress.  He can still pull up, but there's no chance of him getting out (yet). 

He's so active these days, especially in his crib.  I tried to put him down a little early for nap yesterday (because I thought he was tired) and he played in his crib for an hour (apparently, he wasn't tired).  He sits up.  He plays with the toy that's attached to the side of his bed.  He gets up on his hands and knees and scoots backwards until he hits the bumper.  He rolls.  I mean, he is all over the place.  He wasn't crying though, so I let me him play.  Eventually, I did go and get him.  We played together for a while and then it really was nap time.  The second time he fell asleep pretty quickly.  He's hilarious to watch though.  I am just thankful that he will play in his crib like that.  He does that most mornings when he wakes up too.  Makes it much easier to get ready in the mornings when the babe's not screaming for you to come and get him. 

Sometimes I look at him and think that he looks like such a little boy these days.  Other times I look and still see our sweet little baby.  It is amazing how quickly they grow - especially in this first year when their development happens so fast.  He's more fun every day though.  He's at a point now where you can really delight in playing with him.  There's nothing better than his smile and that sweet little giggle.  He really is the best.

Post a Comment