Random Notes
And BOOM - it has been way too long since I last posted. Somehow, time just gets away from me. I fully intended to blog the last few weeks and things have just been busy. Busy at work, busy at home. Time flies when you're having fun, right? Anyways, I've been keeping a list of things to blog about on my phone, so that I can remember them when the time comes to actually blog. I'm just going to paste them in here and expound on each one a little bit. They are just funny anecdotes of our life and where we are with our two boys at this moment in time.| Brothers! |
1) Henry thinks Matt is hilarious: This is so great. Henry thinks that Matt is just the greatest thing ever and any little thing that Matt does can crack Henry up. They definitely have the same sense of humor. Matt will play little games with him, or make funny voices and Henry starts laughing so hard he can't stand it. It is so fun to watch.
2) Eating Game: Sort of on that same note, Henry is still a great eater, but he is also a full-on two-year-old and all that comes with that. So sometimes, even if I give him his most favorite meal of all time, he refuses to eat. I generally don't make a big deal out of it because he is eating well and is healthy and if he doesn't eat a lot at one meal, I don't worry, but Matt has a created a game that gets Henry to almost clean his plate every time. Matt will say, "Can I have that piece of chicken?" And Henry will snatch it away and put it in his own mouth and eat it while saying "Nooo!" It's very cute and Matt seriously can get Henry to eat almost everything on his plate if they play the game long enough. Of course, it doesn't work if I try to do it though. Henry just says, "Here you go, Mommy," and hands it to me. Lol.
3) YES: Henry has finally gotten the hang of the word "yes." For so long it felt like "no" was his standard, even when he didn't really mean it, but now he has discovered "yes" and uses it properly. It is so cute when he says it because it is always very definitive.
4) James has started to roll from his front to his back - inconsistently: As in, he's done it 3-4 times. He does like tummy time though...which is a nice change from Henry. James will lay there on his tummy just looking around at everything for a while, until he gets tired. He also can roll to his side from his back, but he hasn't made it all the way over yet.
5) "Did you cute James' hair?" Oh my gosh! I cannot tell you how many time people ask me this question! James has a perfect hairline across the top of his head and everybody asks me if I've cut his hair! I mean probably 10+ people have asked me! If only they looked at his little bald mullet that he has on the back of his head, they'd understand that no, I did not cut my infant's hair! Lol.
| I do have a nice hairline, don't I? |
6) The Swaddle: I really cannot say enough about how the swaddle helped James sleep those first few months. Just recently I have stopped swaddling him because he was escaping consistently and I figured that meant it was time, but I am convinced that it single-handedly helped him sleep more consistently in the beginning. I never had to do that with Henry, so it was amazing to see the difference it made!
7) Our morning symphony: This is a perfect example of our life right now with a 2-year-old and an almost-5-month-old. James is still sleeping in the Pack 'n Play by our bed. He just can't seem to get over this cold/he has allergies and he is still stuffy and coughing at night and I am just not ready to send him off to his own room yet. Anyways, Henry has been waking up at 6:30am on the dot almost every morning now, but I do not go to get him until closer to 7:30am on the weekdays. So often, we wake up to James' happy squeals and feet-kicking in the Pack 'n Play, compounded with Henry singing songs in his crib (this morning it was Ba Ba Black Sheep and Row Row Row Your Boat), jumping up and down (his mattress is very squeaky), or just generally talking and making lots of noise. It is a regular symphony in the morning. It is sweet and precious (and sometimes a little annoying when I am sleep-deprived and grumpy), but it is one of those things that I know will be but a fleeting moment in the long run and I want to remember it. Usually, we try to just laugh. What else are you going to do? And at least they're not screaming and crying...most days.
| Before church one Sunday. |
So there's the summary. Life is busy, but good. (Do I say that every entry?) James does have a flat head, and has been fitted for a cranial band, which is a little helmet that he'll wear for the next couple of months, but we head to Raleigh today to get it, so more on that later. It really isn't a big deal, just one of those things that we need to deal with while he's little. Plus, I know he's going to look so cute with a helmet on his head.





Post a Comment