Best Friends, Medium Shrimp and 13 Weeks!
So, this weekend was fabulous. Carolyn came to visit and as always, no matter how long it has been since we've seen each other, we had a great time just hanging out, relaxing, and laughing. It is hard to believe that we have been friends for almost 15 years now. That is a lot of life to share! I'm so thankful for her and our friendship though, and it was exciting to get to talk to her about the babe and dream about all the next year will hold for both of us. ![]() |
| We've come a long way since 7th grade! |
According to the weekly email, our babe is now the size of a "medium shrimp" which just made me laugh. First of all, ew. Second of all, I don't think of shrimp as being bigger than limes, but apparently they are, because he/she was the size of a lime last week. I guess that is why they specify that it is a "medium" shrimp. Plus, if you know us, you'll know that I didn't eat shrimp before I met Matt and that now I really like it. So for all those bizarre reasons, it is just hard for me to imagine our sweet babe as a "medium shrimp." (Side note: I just looked on one of the other sites that I like to read and they say that this week your baby is about the size of a peach. Let's go with that. I like it much more than a shrimp.)
We head back to the doctor next week. We should be able to hear the heartbeat this time, which will be pretty awesome. I can feel myself starting to get nervous about how things are developing, but I know that I just have to trust that they are on track. It will be nice to have the confirmation though. Also, all symptoms point to the idea that things are growing and developing so I am working hard to believe and trust in that. It is not in my hands, and I just have to remind myself of that regularly.
It is good to have some energy back and not feel so crummy all the time. I am definitely excited and can't wait to really start preparing for the babe. Fun times ahead, to be sure!






Post a Comment