25 Weeks!

Here we are at 25 weeks - and only 15 to go!  That is a bit scary to say aloud, but very exciting.  According to my weekly emails, the babe is now about 13 1/2 inches long and weighs about a pound and a half.  He might already have hair by now, and if we could see it, we could tell it's color and texture.  Pretty amazing.  It's been a good week. I went to the doctor on Monday for a regular appointment.  All was well.  His heartbeat was strong, but he kept wiggling away from the doppler every time she found it so we only got to hear it in short spurts.  Apparently, we already have an active little man on our hands!  I have to go back in two weeks for my glucose screening and my Rh shot (since my blood type is negative).  Also, Matt and I start our childbirth classes next Tuesday.  Yipee!  Except not really.  I know it is necessary and going to be interesting and I do want to take them, but I am a little bit nervous about all that we are going to see/learn about.  Should make for some good stories though, right? 

By far, my favorite part of being pregnant so far is feeling the babe moving around.  I just love feeling him in there.  Some days he moves around a whole lot and other days he is less mobile, but I do feel him every day now and it is great.

(As I am typing this, I am watching my stomach jump around - the little babe is up and at 'em this morning, getting in some good calisthenics.)  :) :) :)

We celebrated my 28th birthday this past weekend at the state fair and with a delicious dinner at PF Changs.  It was such a beautiful day and fun time and the perfect little getaway.  Fisher had a great time hanging out with Colonel and her grandparents and was so exhausted when we got home that she slept in later than she ever has on Sunday morning! 

This goat was cracking us up - he really thought he was king of the mountain!

Every year Matt has to take a picture with Curious George!

Obligatory self-portrait

Matt participated in the turkey shoot (no, you don't actually shoot at turkeys), and missed winning by less than 2mm...seriously. 

Also, this weekend we celebrated the birth of one of Matt's oldest friend's son and an announcement from another set of our good friends that they are expecting a babe in April!  Babies all around.  It is definitely that season of life, and it is fun to be in the middle of it with everyone.  

I know that with the holidays just around the corner, the next 15 weeks are really going to fly.  There is a lot to accomplish between now and then.  I am hoping we can start the registering process this weekend, and I am really itching to make some purchases for the nursery - furniture and bedding and such.  I think it is time to get rolling.  I know all of it will get done and I am not worried, just excited to move forward!

Anyways, here's this week shot of the babe.  Look at him grow!

Post a Comment