Hard to believe this little guy is three months old now!
.JPG) |
| Sweet smile! |
But he is. Time has flown. I go back to work on Monday and Henry starts preschool. Maternity leave is officially over. I think it will be fine once we get into a new routine, but of course I am a little apprehensive. So far, all I know about being a mom involves me being home all day with the babe and that is about to change. I think it will be a good change, but it will still take some getting used to. I'll get back to you next week and let you know how I'm feeling.
Henry is doing great. He's still a (mostly) happy little guy who loves to eat and play. His smiles are much more abundant - although he still makes you work for them - but he's as sweet as can be and we love him more each day.
 |
| Ready for his return to the beach! |
One thing I am going to miss about maternity leave is our leisurely time together in the morning. Mornings are definitely Henry's best time of the day (he doesn't get that from me or Matt!), so we usually have happy playtime and dance parties in the mornings. Also, some mornings, after Matt gets up, I put Henry in the bed and let him lay on Matt's side. I cover him partly with the covers and he snuggles in and loves it. Usually, he takes a little cat nap, giving me another hour of rest and time to just enjoy his sweetness. He is so precious.
 |
| Sleeping on Dad's side of the bed. |
Having to be at work by 8:30am is going to cut into this time, but we'll still have Saturday mornings at least. He's still doing great at night, sleeping from 10pm to 5am or 6am. I'm not sure what time we'll have to wake up for work and school yet. I need to think that through a little more, but it'll probably be around 6am or so anyways, so I guess it is good that he's an early riser.
We've planned his baptism for May 6. Henry is so blessed to be loved by so many. We're having a cookout at our house afterwards and at last count I think we're going to have around 15 - 20 family members here. It will no doubt be a special day on every level.
We've come a long way in these last three months. I get a little teary thinking about all that I've learned and how much we've all grown during that time. I love remembering those first few days and weeks and how hard they were because it makes me so thankful for all the love and support we had/have...and for the amazing blessing our little guy is. Becoming a mom is an amazing thing. Watching Matt become a dad is also amazing. Seeing our babe starting to grow and develop into a little boy...there aren't even words.
We. are. so. blessed.
Post a Comment