Spring Break

A definite advantage to the timing of my maternity leave is that it fell during "spring break" and Easter.  We headed to Bald Head with Matt's family for Easter and then the next week, Henry and I got to spend a few days at my parents' house with my sister and the twins.  It was great.  Even though it was sunny both trips, it was pretty breezy at the beach, so while Henry has now made two trips to the coast, he has yet to actually see the ocean and the sand.  Hopefully next time it'll be warmer and we can take him down to the actual beach.  
Henry's first ferry ride.
Happy Easter!

I can sorta sit in my Bumbo seat now. 
My head just gets a little tired after awhile.
It was so much fun to watch my nieces around Henry.  They are 3 years old, so they are very much into baby dolls and playing pretend.   They refer to Henry solely as "Baby Henry" and were eager to touch him and watch him and see what he was up to all the time.  Audrey was particularly enthralled, ready to hold him as soon as she saw him.  It took Maddie a few days to work up the courage to hold him, but she loved playing with him when he was laying on the bed or sitting happily in his car seat. 
Audrey and Henry

Having fun playing on the bed.

We also went on an adventure to the aquarium.  The girls LOVED it and Henry slept through it, so really it was a win-win for everyone.  I know it won't be long before Henry's running around there like Maddie and Audrey were.  It is hard to imagine that right now though.
Snoozin'

So amazed by all the sharks and other fish.

Completely unaware of the giant fish swimming next to him!
It is hard to believe that my maternity leave is coming to an end.  I only have one week left, but  I am mostly feeling ok about going back to work.  I know that it is a great situation and the part-time hours will make it a lot easier.  If I start to think about it too much I get a little apprehensive, but overall I think it will be ok.  Once we settle in a new routine things will be fine.  I think I am mostly just a little apprehensive about the change.  The last twelve weeks are all we know as a family of three...it is definitely going to be different...but good...I think.  :)  These twelve weeks have really flown by.  I am thankful to have had that much time off to spend with the babe, and I'm also thankful to be able to go back to a job that I really enjoy at a place that I love.  I promise I will be soaking in this last week though, enjoying all my one-on-one time with Henry!

Post a Comment